How wide can you go... canon users.

Edit My Images
No
So, i like fun lenses. I have an awesome 17-40L that is pin sharp and use that for my landscape for on a 5Ds.
However, as i say, i like fun lenses. I have a Fisheye and I have a macro... but i wondered what ultra wides can you get for canon full frame.

I thought there might be a Tokina, Tamron or Sigma that was full frame compatible but google is giving me nothing, and I'm not certain on the various mount names from Non-Canon brands.

So... who knows how wide you can get for a Canon Full Frame?

From memory the sigma 12-24 DG f4 , the new ART version is silly money but the older version seems reasonably priced used.
Pal of mine had one on a 5D Mk1 , you had to be careful not to get your feet in the frame

have an old Sigma (works on my 5D3) 15-30 full frame, very weird (wide) field of view.

I recently sold a Sigma 12-24mm in Canon mount. Excellent lens which gave great results but I never used it that wide.
Just looked at this, the older version is defo in the price range I'm thinking for a fun lens. Just to do some weird stuff that wouldn't be as fishy as my fisheye lens :)

From memory the sigma 12-24 DG f4 , the new ART version is silly money but the older version seems reasonably priced used.
Pal of mine had one on a 5D Mk1 , you had to be careful not to get your feet in the frame
Yeah, the ART is crazy, but the older one is more in the fun lens range :)

Just looked at this, the older version is defo in the price range I'm thinking for a fun lens. Just to do some weird stuff that wouldn't be as fishy as my fisheye lens :)

The Sigma 12-24 is extremely well corrected as far as rectilinear distortion goes but can (apparently) be fairly copy dependent as far as sharpness goes. Relatively easy to avoid feet in frame, unlike their 8mm fisheye!

The Sigma 12-24 is extremely well corrected as far as rectilinear distortion goes but can (apparently) be fairly copy dependent as far as sharpness goes. Relatively easy to avoid feet in frame, unlike their 8mm fisheye!
Hahaha! Yeah, the joys of fisheye.
To be honest, as long as its "sharp enough", I'll be happy. If i wanted pin sharp id invest in the Canon wides but i have the 17-40 for my print work. :)

I bought a used Sigma 12-24mm f/4.5-5.6 II EX DG HSM in the summer. It was not expensive and the results are fine for a lens that will only be used occasionally.

I recently sold a Sigma 12-24mm in Canon mount. Excellent lens which gave great results but I never used it that wide.

i wish you would answer the lens you have for sale just now then

These were taken on a crop body (so imagine it on a full frame) with the 12-24mm MKI ... I found it sharp enough.

Yeovilton Static Display
by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr

Cobra
by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr
Yeah, on a crop, 12mm is the same as 19.2 on full frame... which still isn't as wide as my 17mm. Lol
I want crazy views which is what you will get on a full frame! Haha!

Think i have found my next purchase then :)

If possible, try the actual lens you're buying before parting with your hard earned. I've not had a "dodgy copy" Sigma but some people have.

Enjoy it when you get it!

I’ve got the Sigma 12-24 and love it. I’ve actually owned two of them; the cropped 8-16mm version and the full frame 12-24 version.

This is 8mm on my old Canon 20D

15344281980_5b3cb1a32d_c.jpg

Back