How would I get this kind of shot?

Camera mounted somewhere inside the car, use a Gecko mount or Magic Arm or just tape the tripod to the headrest, then use a long shutter exposure of a couple of seconds, fire it using the timer or a remote.

Have fun :cool:

Have replied to your other thread on the subject, not sure why you have started a second thread???

Yeah thanks for your reply, I thought this one was a bit more specific to what I wanted...

Long exposure, and presumably a very straight piece of road (or some photoshop)

i dont think the driver could keep still enough for the amount of time it would take to blur that tunnel so much.
I think its two photos chopped together

would like to see the sat nav closer, as the numbers would be blurred if its a long exposure. Also looks like there is a corner coming up but sat nav says it straight.

They've photoshopped out the merc badge, so its definitely chopped in some way

I'd say it's photoshopped as the light source for the inside of the car is not coming from the tunnel lights. Either they strapped a huge softbox to the side of the car while driving through the tunnel or they chopped in the tunnel after taking a staged image of the car. I suggest its the later...

I think that is quite achievable for the driver to sit still for a couple of seconds at a decent speed. But agree it's been photoshopped to remove steering wheel badge (although it's a 3 series BMW, not a Mercedes).

my guess is its a Photo merge- the windscreen area being added to the inside of the car in PP

Les (y)

Back