How would you improve my logo?

Name
Sammy
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent a while today creating a new logo for my photography page.

My username on everything is "sduk" which is Sam Donaldson (me) and United Kingdom obviously :)

Wanted something unique and not copyright or anyone else's work.

So came up with this...

sduk-new-logo.jpg

and on my facebook page...

new-logo-for-facebook-page.jpg

Can anyone think of any improvements?

I was putting the full "SDUK photography" onto my pictures, but am wondering if just the "SDUK" would look better?

should i put some colour on it?

Just after some advice please :)

Sammy

to make things clearer here is the full logo in black with a white outer glow...

GarysImprezaWRX9.jpg

in black...

trial-1.jpg

and white...

trial-2.jpg

which one would you say i should use? or should i change it another way? maybe add colour?

thanks for the help in advance :D

Really like the clean look, Sam. Don't think it needs to change. Could you not vary the colour depending on the image you use it on?

yeah was thinking i could change it depending on the colour of car i shot?

by clean do you mean without the text below it?

i just want something that's unique and recognisable.

If it's not smack bang across the middle of the photo as a watermark, then it's advertising. What's the point of advertising if you don't include a website address?

would it look better without the "photography" below it?

When watermarking (or should that be watermarketing?) images, you could probably do without it. It looks cleaner, and it always seems like stating the obvious, and slightly patronising, to put joe bloggs 'photography' into a photograph.

In general terms however, it's descriptive. SDUK isn't. For a website header, business card, or whatever.....unless you're Coca Cola, you kinda need to explain what you do.

edit: just noticed the comment above, which ties in with my watermarketing quote....

Yes, it's advertising, I'd just stick a web address on there. How else is anyone meant to find you?

Last edited:
If you aren't advertising for business then why do you want to put a logo on them? It seems a bit pointless. :thinking:

DemiLion said:
If you aren't advertising for business then why do you want to put a logo on them? It seems a bit pointless. :thinking:

And it certainly won't stop anyone nicking them!f

I would drop Photography and go for Imaging . You have a modern look , and with that it may be wise to go for the modern terminolgy.

I liked the red and white one. Black is not a colour, and is a bit dead sometimes.

When I glaced at the name I though 'Spud' - maybe that is soething to consider- in today's current climate of unusual , but memorable names.

Just a few thoughts...........

Back