Howletts Zoo

Name
Debbie
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's a few of my shots from a fab day out with my daughter:)
687-001.jpg

682-001.jpg

633.jpg

675-001.jpg

670.jpg

542-001.jpg

Hi Debbie, welcome to the forum.
There are too many to give advice on each one, but as an overall it seems the focus is off on virtually every picture, are you using manual or auto focus? At a zoo I always find it best to be on Auto focus, and focus on the eye of the animal.
When shooting through glass it is also best to push the camera as close to the glass as possible (always helps having a lens hood) so you reduce reflections and glare.
Another point is to try not to cut any of the animal off, e.g. the legs of the deer, ears of the fox etc.

Notice here how I've focussed on the eye of the lemur and penguin, to bring a clear image.

A good first attempt however and stick at it (y)
Jake

Last edited:
Hi Debbie, welcome to the forum.
There are too many to give advice on each one, but as an overall it seems the focus is off on virtually every picture, are you using manual or auto focus? At a zoo I always find it best to be on Auto focus, and focus on the eye of the animal.
When shooting through glass it is also best to push the camera as close to the glass as possible (always helps having a lens hood) so you reduce reflections and glare.
Another point is to try not to cut any of the animal off, e.g. the legs of the deer, ears of the fox etc.

Notice here how I've focussed on the eye of the lemur and penguin, to bring a clear image.

A good first attempt however and stick at it (y)
Jake

Thank you jake for the advice, i think it was on manual focus, not had the camera long so still learning, so all the advice the better
and thank you Andrew too (y)

Back