How's the new server?

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
How is the new server for everyone? Faster? Slower? Nothing different? Has anyone experienced any problems?
It's been absolutely peachy for me. Nice and nippy, just like the forums should be (y)

It's been completely fine for me, I've even noticed a slight speed increase :clap:

It is generally faster getting to the page.... but things seem to slow down the page load completing. Sometimes it takes a while for the formatting to sort itself out too with very wide section on the left with posters name and info.

On the main page the graphic for forum sections with no new posts loads quickly....the darker camera graphic loads later. Loading this thread the page came up quickly but the status bar showed IE was waiting to load some gif files.

I just switched from quick reply to advanced and it took 20 seconds to load the smileys.

I was assuming it was all down to ntl...but maybe not

RobertP said:
It is generally faster getting to the page.... but things seem to slow down the page load completing. Sometimes it takes a while for the formatting to sort itself out too with very wide section on the left with posters name and info.

I just switched from quick reply to advanced and it took 20 seconds to load the smileys.

I was assuming it was all down to ntl...but maybe not

I'm not having any of those problems Robert. :shrug: I'm on BT broadband.

seems fine here

daveyuk said:
Ditto the above all seems to be very smooth and without any problems
:clap: :clap: :clap:

ditto his ditto , pretty smooth on NTL (a miracle in itself)

Things are fine for me Marcel, thanks for asking :)

I'm on Eclipse broadband and page loading times are quick!

all fine here too, and im the workds weirdest interwebnet

All's well here although yesterday's coffee was cold and the waitress on duty this morning had BO. The donut's were fabulous though :)

2blue4u said:
All's well here although yesterday's coffee was cold and the waitress on duty this morning had BO. The donut's were fabulous though :)

thats no waitress.....thats DF

No problems since the switch over, also seems faster than the old place aswell (y)

Working fine here....whatever you said to the Hosting firm has worked :)

Seems alot better and alot quicker :)
Rickmezza is having problems accessing the forums now though :thinking:

DJW said:
Working fine here....whatever you said to the Hosting firm has worked :)

It was "Bye!" :LOL:

Seriously though. We *have* changed hosts for the main forum account. But that's not a reflection on the previous hosts though (Catalyst2), they have been absolutely brilliant. Unfortunately the reason we were all experiencing problems and errors was that we had simply outgrown our hosting package. The forums were too big and busy for our account there and we had to either upgrade or find somewhere else. We looked at the upgrade packages they offered, and found another host offering similar for cheaper, so basically it was won primarily on cost (and part reputation / word of mouth recommendation...I've used the new host before, as have a few others).

Anyway, we still have our old host with Catalyst2, and at the moment we're using it as a testing ground for new forum features, before we implement them here. (Things like the Glossary), and we're looking to use it for other forum related stuff too :)

Back