Hoya Filters from Amazon

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Mornin All,

I have been checking up on prices for HOYA PRO 1 CPL's and the average price was around the £130 mark.

But then I had a look on Amazon and was amazed to see they are selling them for £55. Are these likely to be genuine Hoya at this price?

On the Amazon site it says these filters are sold and despatched by
Cameraking or Zenvier. Anyone know these firms?

Have used Amazon many times with no probs but just want reassurance before I buy at this 'not to be missed' price.

Thanks

Paul

Have a look here

http://www.martinscamerashop.co.uk/hoya-filters-42-c.asp

I don't mind getting a real bargin on ebay, if it turns out to be a bit sub-standard then it was still probably value for what you paid. What I can't accept is paying top money to shylocks who sell B stock or seconds without being up front about it, they are basically thieves IMO. :cautious:

Thanks for the replys chaps, Flash I will check out the Kenko range.
Cheers Paul.

Also get a quote from 'kerso' on here. I recently bought several Hoya filters through him.

I also haven't noticed any difference between the 'budget' (green) range and the PRO-1 series. Preformed a few tests and I really can't see any difference.

Also get a quote from 'kerso' on here. I recently bought several Hoya filters through him.

I also haven't noticed any difference between the 'budget' (green) range and the PRO-1 series. Preformed a few tests and I really can't see any difference.

Have you tried some flare tests? An easy one is to photograph car headlights straight on, making sure that the background is completely black. You will see a difference then, and probably decide to permanently remove any UV filter ;)

Apart from coloured flare spots, you will see the flare around the headlights is larger, and the black background will be slightly lighter in the filter vs no filter shots.

Back