HP A3 Printers any good?????

Name
Russell
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I have never used an HP printer always Epson or Canon. Where I live now HP printers seem to be the more available brand so can anyone or would anyone give me some feedback on A3 HP printers as far as printed photographs go? Prints are for personal use not saleable prints
Many Thanks
Russ

I can't speak for HP A3 printers, but I have an A4 one, and have to say I wouldn't buy another one.

Also have an Epson and a Canon A4 printer, which I'm very pleased with, and there is little to choose between them in print quality. The HP is just not in the 'same league' as these.

Just my personal opinion of course.

Dave

Hi, From experience I would suggest you try and get your hands on an Epson or Canon printer instead.

Only my opinion of course, hope this helps.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS"

Not sure about current models but my first inkjet printer was an HP - not a proper photo printer but OK for what I needed at the time. When I got more into photography, I decided that being able to replace a single colour at a time rather than the whole set and print head when just one colour was empty. I now use a Canon A3 printer that's a few years old (and not the best for B&W prints) so might upgrade at some point. Got loads of ink for this one at the moment though, so might be a while!

I have an A3 HP printer and am happy with it. My only gripe has been the slight colour cast it gives on black and white, even with profiles, but unless you're spending big bucks on a printer with multiple blacks then it's not uncommon. For colour though I'm more than happy. Only issue has been print heads, I'm on my third one in five or six years.

Hi, Thanks for replies, looks like I will have to source another Epson or Canon A3.
Thanks Again

I would not buy an HP product. Experience of printers,laptops,desktops all disastrous. SLOW LEARNER! Expensive,frustrating YUK.

Hi, I have a hp pro B8850, I have got to say the print quality is superb, black & whites are awesome , this is where it all ends……….The ink is far too expensive, the cartridges are chipped and expire often before the cartridge is empty, (sometimes still 2/3ds full )
the software is a mess untill you get used to it, paper loading is not too good, you have to dismantle the front tray to load paper, hp support is not too good either. anyone want to buy a hp printer??

Hi, I have a hp pro B8850, I have got to say the print quality is superb, black & whites are awesome , this is where it all ends……….The ink is far too expensive, the cartridges are chipped and expire often before the cartridge is empty, (sometimes still 2/3ds full )
the software is a mess untill you get used to it, paper loading is not too good, you have to dismantle the front tray to load paper, hp support is not too good either. anyone want to buy a hp printer??

Wow, other than the good print quality, I can't say I've shared any of the same experiences with mine.

We have just bought a HP Z5400 44" printer and the build quality of printer is excellent, paper and canvas loading simple and best of all print results are fantastic, much, much, much better than the Epson we used to have.

Once or twice bitten three or four times shy!
Enjoy your good luck ;-)

I now use an Epson 3880. Not perfect, but the best image quality I have experienced from an inkjet in 20 odd years.

Printing is the dark art for most of us as we do not use our printers continuously and therefor forget that all important method (I talk of myself obviously).

Usually it is not the image quality that is the problem but the 'user interface' and user combined that puts the picture in the wrong place, prints at the wrong dpi. etc. etc..

I spent one(1) month trying to use my Z3100 via ethernet connection only for an HP engineer in Italy to send my a firmware update that was issued 6(six) months prior to the purchase???? Not a good start and it never got any better :-(((((

The hp Z line isn't really comparable to their A3 offerings I have a 44" Z3100 that I picked up secondhand for 1000 and that is cheap to run and has no real issues whereas the B9180 is the printer of Satan and not to be trusted in fact I am not aware of hp marketing a "pro" A3 inkjet any more just consumer level machines.

Back