HP C8180 All in one with DVD

cowasaki

TPer Emeritus
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Well just bought a Hewlett Packard C8180 for about £85 inc postage off ebay and it is like new. These are BRILLIANT general purpose printers!

hp c8180a.png

hp c8180b.png

These are it's features:

Photographic quality A4 output
A4 paper tray holds maybe 100 sheets
6x4 paper tray holds maybe 10 sheets
Flat bed scanner
FILM negative scanner for 35mm and MF film up to 6x6.
Slide scanner
Wireless network connection
Wired network connection
Bluetooth connection
DVD writer
Memory card reader
USB input socket for camera (Pictbridge and another one)
Large 3"x2" touch screen display for all menu options

It can copy memory cards, film scans or slides to DVD or a USB stick/USB HD.

Print from memory card, attached camera, CD/DVD, network or bluetooth!

When you plug the USB lead into your computer the DVD drive and memory card readers are useable on the computer.

In the diagram above (16) covers (14) and (13). (14) is a back light and (13) is a film/slide holder which hides behind (16) when not in use.

Colour or Black and White photocopier function without computer attached.

Plug it into the network and print from Windows, MacOS or Linux.

AND

For £12 you can buy a set of refillable ink cartridges then for £10 you can get 6 bottles of ink. This will fill up the set of colours TEN times (the black 4 times but you can buy another bottle of black for £2.50).

The output using the refillable cartridges is still lab quality !!!!

I now have one of these and 2 of it's little brother the C6280 on my network. The C6280 has a duplex unit. Just checked and the duplex fits the C8180 instead so just added a duplex unit off one of the C6280s :)

Will post some output from the scanner over the weekend but just stuck a strip of 35mm negs on it and they have scanned quite well really. Not quite as good as the Epson V500 I bought before Christmas but perfectly useable.....

Last edited:
Funnily enough Darren I have my eye on one of these on the bay even as I type.

Andy

Colour example from HP 8180's 35mm film scanner:

C8180_ex1.jpg

Black and White example from HP 8180's 35mm film scanner:

C8180_ex2.jpg

Same image scanned using the Epson V500 35mm film scanner:

v500_ex1.jpg

Thanks for the comparison Darren. Seems to me that the Epson is the better scan, certainly more to my taste. A re-think is in order.

Andy

Thanks for the comparison Darren. Seems to me that the Epson is the better scan, certainly more to my taste. A re-think is in order.

Andy

The Epson IS the better scanner. The Epson costs more than the HP even though it is only a scanner and the HP is both BUT if you are only using the HP for the odd scan to show on TP or something like that then it is enough. It is closer to the Epson when you are scanning pictures rather than negatives.

Back