HP Scanjet TMA FCLSD-0508 help!

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
OK, I have one of these little attachment-things and no idea how to use it! It came with no manual, nothing bar the PS/2 plug on the end and the bit it all sits in - presumably on the scanner bed?

Help! Can't find a manual anywhere :(

Not really, I only have the TMA bit - which is self-illuminating. I am realising though that it needs the scarily-expensive scanjet scanner bed as well. I may have to dive in with a screwdriver and wire some power direct to the lamps so I can use it on the Lexmark scanner. Pity, but if it means I can scan in the Autorex negs as well as the double width xPan copy I'll be happy!

Thanks for those links though, they have helped make up my mind!

Arthur

Well, opened it up and it appears I was right, just a white screen and a little psu, direct 12v in will sort it - excellent!

Glad you got a result, The HP TMA and XPA neg scanners are specific to HP models the one you have is a C9911A, the instructions for use are housed within the HP precision Pro 3.1 software that comes with the relevant scanner.
Sorry I can not help further.

Well, not so much a result though. Got a nice even illumination... which is too bright for my scanner software to see anything. Tried VueScan and despite having a TWAIN scanner it cannot see it. That's me stumped for a bit :(

One small suggestion Arthur - when I use my canoscan in transmissive mode (i.e. with the backlight it actually switches the light off in the platten - so the only light comes from behind the negs... if your scanner is still blitzing the negs from above AND below, it's not surprising that the scan is way too light....

I think it's time to try and get the canon working!

Back