Huawei P30 Pro - Can't Buy It!

Name
Derek
Edit My Images
Yes
So, I wanted to pre-order the P30 Pro to buy (don't do phone contracts) but it appears this is impossible!

Various web articles state you can pre-order for purchase, and this will include the Sonas speaker if ordered before 4th April.

I've just spent the last bloody hour of my life looking for somewhere to purchase it, only to find that even the purchase pre-order link from the UK Huawei site takes you to Three..... who only offer contacts. WTF!

Just thought I'd have a wee vent.... :)

Jeezus H, I searched for an hour with no joy...... Google is actually useless. Thanks. :)

I ended up getting my P20 Pro from amazon. Was the only place I could find stock of the dual sim version.
I actually just ordered from Very. 10% off for new account and 3 payments with no interest..... Free Sonus One speaker to boot.... :)

Yes. I'm looking forward to being able to buy some cheap Sonos 1s......
I'll actually use it; no intention of selling it, but am sure plenty will.... :)

I ended up getting my P20 Pro from amazon. Was the only place I could find stock of the dual sim version.

That's the biggie for me - having had dual sim phones for 3 years now (P8, P9, P20 pro) I wouldn't be without one.

Last edited:
Mine arrives on Monday, was hoping for today but :( Just in time too as the old P10 plus usb socket is getting a bit dicky.

Mine arrives on Monday, was hoping for today but :( Just in time too as the old P10 plus usb socket is getting a bit dicky.
I just got notification it'll be here before 1.00pm today.... the house will need to go up in flames before I step out the door before 1.00pm.... :)

Got to love DPD's tracking "We've got it, it's on it's way" gee thanks.

It always does that before they allocate the exact time slot of a delivery.

In normal parts of the world yes, but DPD don't deliver here directly, they sub contract to a local company who don't give timeslots and (from past experience) are not forwarded requests to change delivery address etc.
Monday works, it's my day off so I have no issues being home but I want to play with my new phone NOW!

Almost as good as my recent Wilko 'Next Day Delivery' order. 3 days to dispatch it, but it was here the next day..... idiots.

I prefer suppliers who use Royal Mail for smaller deliveries. The parcel will either arrive, or they'll leave a card and we collect it from the Edinburgh South Delivery Office which is 5 minutes walk away.

Must say, absolutely stunning bit of kit. A basic case included would have been nice. I'll be scared to leave the house with it until my case arrives tomorrow!

Anyone remember that Alas Smith and Jones sketch? where they're on stakeout waiting for someone to leave a house so they can stick a 'while you were out' card through the door?...

Well at least I get to go pick it up tonight and play with it for the weekend :D

I actually just ordered from Very. 10% off for new account and 3 payments with no interest..... Free Sonus One speaker to boot.... :)
Thats what I did on Monday for my Sigma 150-600C, saved over £70 and it was delivered on Tuesday :)

Got it :D

Pictures from this thing are absolutely stunning! :D

I wasn't having much success handholding it at 50x zoom. I'm dying for it to get dark now so I can try some night sky shots.

I wasn't having much success handholding it at 50x zoom. I'm dying for it to get dark now so I can try some night sky shots.

We were testing the 50x zoom a few days ago, and honestly it was rubbish. I’ve assumed that it might be improved with a software update.
The phone is really nice. If I was going to buy an Android phone, it would be the one I’d get.

I'm maybe easy pleased, but it arrived today, and the imaging is blowing me away!

OK, all my previous phones have been very middle of the road, with cameras to match, but this thing with Leica lenses, three separate cameras, plus ToF lens and AI is scary good. The wide lens is great to have, and the 5x optical zoom is stunning.

When this tech makes its way into the D-SLR world, a sensor a quarter of the size of m43 will be more than enough..... the best camera is the one you have with you, and I'll have this with me 100% of the time.

A few snaps from it.... obviously considerably resized, so the original image quality isn't there, but still shows what's possible.

The indoor one is with the wide angle setting.

The evening shot was taken about 8.30pm. It was basically dark. It's a hand held 6 second exposure @ ISO1600!IMG_20190405_181442-01.jpgIMG_20190405_205046-01.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190405_165545-01.jpg
    IMG_20190405_165545-01.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 24
The two 'Costa' shots are the normal lens then the 5x optical zoom....IMG_20190405_165545-01.jpgIMG_20190405_165604-01.jpg

8 seconds, hand held but braced against wall. I was properly dark out but the camera is excellent at gathering light. This is copied off my facebook so the quality might not be as good.

night mode.jpg

It's bloody scary you can take shots like that with something that's 8mm from front to back! [emoji16]

We were testing the 50x zoom a few days ago, and honestly it was rubbish. I’ve assumed that it might be improved with a software update.
The phone is really nice. If I was going to buy an Android phone, it would be the one I’d get.
I'm not sure there's latitude to improve the 50x zoom - after all, the 10x is already a digital merging of data from the 27mm (1x) and 125mm (5x) lenses.

It's probably there as a demonstrator only, kinda like how the highest iso settings on any camera are garbage - I think I read it was the equivalent of a 1350mm lens on full frame.

Absolutely though work and the weather has been hampering my playtime. Battery life seems excellent.

Yup, definitely. All my previous phones have been no better than average, so this is a whole new level for me..... :D

guess it should be for 800 quid could have bought a really nice camera for that

guess it should be for 800 quid could have bought a really nice camera for that
You think I'm a cheapskate? It was £900... [emoji2]

Back