Hudl 2 - Any good ?

I need to check my apps etc not used it since it was updated

Welcome to the world of '"lets play silly beggars changing the way things work". So it doesn't do anything different or better with the new direction of swipes, but you still have to learn them again. Meh, frankly.

I am tempted to get one, seems cheap and should work OK for my needs

Anyone got some real world battery experiences?

I am tempted to get one, seems cheap and should work OK for my needs

Anyone got some real world battery experiences?

Standby time around 6 days when new, in use time about 5 hours reading e-books. I don't game or surf on it: bought primarily for the wife to learn to use android, for her to use facebook to keep in contact with our son and as a ebook reader that would work in the dark (NB screen isn't bright enough to read easily in bright daylight). I've not done a lot of movie watching but it seemed to drop about 40% for a couple of hours.

And goodbye battery life: about 50% to nothing sat idle in less than 24 hours after the update. I'll monitor to see if things are actually different now or whether it's just perception.

Recharged it yesterday eve, then left it close to the wireless point overnight - down to 96% this morning with estimated battery life of 6 days. Maybe it was a one off?

I did the update but now can't see where to clear all notifications on the pull down menu...... anyone??

Did the update the other day, not really loving lollipop too much. Got shocking battery loss after the update too. Would be down to 10% in a single days easy use, never use to drop to below 30% before the update even with a day watching tv on it for a few hours.

Just to add the fun it got down to about 6% last night so left it on charge all night (as I always do) went to wake it up this morning and nothing. The red charging light was still on but it was dead as a dodo. Took it off charge to see if that would wake it up, nothing! Plugged it back in, red charging light comes back on....held the power button for a few seconds to see if it had just turned off, the red charging light goes off....still completely dead, now plugged in or unplugged it has no lights or sign of life :( RIP little Hudl

Our hudl died last night. Took it out, used it for a few min, brought it home and suddenly it won't work. A brief key press turns the screen from black to deep blue, which then fades (I guess because it wants you to swipe up as if logging in - which also doesn't work). A longer press will also give a dark blue screen, but I can't shut it down. Twisting it gently alters the colour of the dark blue 'active' screen. It will charge and I can see the contents using a USB cable to the computer, so I know it's running.

Looks like it's broke. :(

*edit*
Seems I spoke too soon, I'm pleased to say. Apparently by hanging onto the power switch for ever I did manage to shut it down. A press of the button & it rebooted fine. I suspect that this may be a temporary state of affairs, but we'll have to wait & see.

Last edited:
I did the update but now can't see where to clear all notifications on the pull down menu...... anyone??

OK, they've moved it to the bottom of the notifications rather than the top!!! ...... and of course moved the 'back' button to left hand side rather than the right hand side....... Grrrrrrrr

Back