Huion New 1060 Plus

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening all

Having some issues installing a Huion New 1060 Plus on my XPS 15. I downloaded the drivers from their website and installed, yet when I open the software I'm told that the tablet is disconnected.

Weird thing is, the pencil works in that I can see it moving on the screen etc. I just can't open the Huion software to calibrate / set it up properly which kinda defeats the purpose.

Anyone else had any issues?

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian - yep I've been chatting to Huion support as I found pressure sensitivity was working fine in Photoshop, but not Lightroom.

I had been using the WIN_1060plus_Driver12.3.7 driver (the driver let me customise things OK, but still didn't work properly in Lightroom), then they told me to switch to the HuionTablet_WinDriver_v13.14.13. This looks a much nicer driver, but had exactly the issue you describe re being told it was disconnected despite clearly working.

Their reply was very interesting. They said "Kindly note that we noticed that your tablet is 2048 pressure sensitivity so you need to install the v12.3.7 of driver for your windows system" - which I thought was a bit weird, given they new I was using the New 1060Plus. However when I then looked closely at their website there were two product pages - one for 1060Plus (http://www.huion.com/product/Graphic-Tablet/1060Plus.html) and the other for NEW 1060Plus (http://www.huion.com/product/Graphic-Tablet/NEW_1060Plus.html), with the latter offering 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity. However the Amazon.co.uk sales page I purchased from and the box itself both call it the 'New 1060Plus'!

It seems like they've done something very confusing and launched two versions of the 'New 1060Plus', one with 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity (and needing the older driver), the other with 8192 and needing the newer driver. However I may well return mine to Amazon for a replacement.

Alan

Thanks for this, Alan. I have a feeling I may be in exactly the same boat as yourself re: the pressure sensitivity.

Ian - I see this item is now showing on Amazon too - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huion-New-Pressure-Painting-Graphics/dp/B07312ZQC4 - it DEFINITELY says 8,192 levels of touch!

I've filed a complaint with Amazon asking for my tablet to be changed over to this one and posted a review for the previous one to make it clear to folk it's the older model. I suspect they've made some mistake in their supply chain and started shipping 'NEW 1060Plus' before they'd actually changed things! The Huion website seems pretty clear about the difference.

The older driver should work OK for interacting with the tablet, but I don't like the principle of them selling the older model as new!

I know this is an old thread, but did either of you manage to resolve this? I have exactly the same issue - the driver v12 works for me, but v13 and v14 does not and like EDIflyer says, the box on mine says new 1060 plus. Whenever I connect the tablet, it says "device disconnected" and I can't seem to find a solution online. I presume I have the old version of the tablet, despite the tablet and box saying they are the New 1060 Plus.

@PhotoBoris I eventually managed them to swap over for the New 1060 plus at pretty much the same price - took a bit of to and fro though!

I got mine second hand off ebay, so it isn't really an option for me! What a stupid idea having two similarly named tablets with different pressure levels!

Totally agree - bonkers! I found their support a bit variable, although worth contacting just in case they have any ideas I guess? (you may have already tried of course!)

Back