Humber Bridge dawn

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
No
Today's plans were cancelled so looking through the 'archives' I found some images I took of the Humber Bridge a couple of years ago and had another go at one of them.
Taken with a D7000 and Sigma 10-20mm, both of which I no longer have, I ran it through Nik colour efex pro4/tonal contrast - and am pleased with the result.
What do you think ?

Humber Bridge dawn by Graeme Hutson, on Flickr

wow I'm just not sure what is going here at all. Perhaps its best to ditch all the fancy-name software and go back to basics.

It's so much quicker and easier now than it was in the first darkroom I knew, which was my secondary school's darkroom in 1959 - not so much fun now, of course.

"Excellent" shot Sir, nuff said.(y)

George.

Woah...
I reckon there's a great shot in there with that shoreline on the Humber and the sky potential, I'm just not sure on this occasion that it's been given justice.
I cross the bridge twice weekly, and if I saw a sky like that I'd be heading home quick...
Having a play top/bottom, I think there may be a cheeky panorama hiding in there.

Woah...
I reckon there's a great shot in there with that shoreline on the Humber and the sky potential, I'm just not sure on this occasion that it's been given justice.
I cross the bridge twice weekly, and if I saw a sky like that I'd be heading home quick...
Having a play top/bottom, I think there may be a cheeky panorama hiding in there.

The clouds were the brightest red as I drove eastwards towards North Ferriby but, unfortunately, by the time I got there they had lost the colour and were the darkest grey, but underlit by the rising sun - though still retaining the strangest pattern.
I live by the seaside (here in the soft south) but have never seen that pattern before or since.
Here's one I processed at the time :

Humber Bridge5 by Graeme Hutson, on Flickr

Looks like Cirrocumulus or more commonly known as a Mackerel sky because it looks like fish scales.

Nice image

Jas

You can’t see the bridge in the first shot, the second image the processing is better but tbh neither are keepers. If the bridge is supposed to be the subject make it the subject.

Back