Humber Bridge

Oh I like this very much.
If you could loses the halos around the bridge uprights and deck it would be a real winner.

What a great abstract shot and not at all what I expected to see having seen the title, a really different take on the bridge. I love the colours and the asymetric composition.

I'd love a bit more details about this exposure.

Adrian

I like that. I can see the bridge from my garden and have photographed it many times, but I have never seen this view before.

Jao,
I used a Canon 60d and Tokina 11-16mm, the shutter was open for 133secs and I was standing on the 2nd rung of a fence. A van pulled up in front of the camera mid exposure to see what I was up to, it moved away when I explained I was taking a picture and was'nt caught in the exposure. I washed the surfaces of the columns and the cross piece with a 6v spotlight, but it probably did very little. The RAW image was adjusted in photoshop elements and cropped and rotated once it was a jpg.

This is a very popular place for courting couples etc even at 4am in the morning it was busy! There are other images from that night on my Flickr photostream.

Thanks to all for the comments and encouragement :)

Many thanks for the information about the shot. It sounds like it was far from a straightforrd capture, but well worth the effort in my view.

shame about the red sign slap bang in the centre though, still a very nice capture though

Les (y)

i have to agree with les but i do love this shot

Back