hummingbird

Name
Lisa
Edit My Images
Yes
hummingbird-web.jpg

Ah. the rare green Norfolk Hummingbird!! ;)

The focus looks to be more on the stone in front. If youd have used a smaller aperture than f/5.6 it would have extended back and included the bird.

OR

make sure the bird's eye is the subject of the focus.

hope that helps

Nice shot. Cant say i have ever seen one in my life.

[pedant mode on] ;)

With the camera pointing down at the subject, if the focus is on the eye then it would extend through the rock in front of the bird. Although perhaps a teeny bit closer than it is here.

[pedant mode on] ;)

With the camera pointing down at the subject, if the focus is on the eye then it would extend through the rock in front of the bird. Although perhaps a teeny bit closer than it is here.

Pedantic perhaps, but true, and a good observation. ;)

Pretty bird... well caught. (y)
It should respond to some careful USM sharpening I reckon.

yeh the focus issue is very annoying but I liked the pic too much to delete it ;) he sat still for a minute amount of time only lol

Always nice to see a humingbird photo well done, i knew a hummingbird once, she worked in a fish and chip shop!

Long Sutton Butterfly and Wildlife Park by any chance?;)

I got a few of that one too...
1402889250_e7f9fccd0f.jpg

I quite like your version :) Out of interest, did you have to wait long for your lens to demist when you got in the Butterfly house? I sat there for what seemed like ages, then I started blowing on my lens to speed the process up hehe.

nah it was in my garden ;) hehe yeah it was! love that place :D took about half hour to defog but it gave me time to aclimatise to the heat :puke: lol

Back