Hummingbird

They are beautiful birds...................just wish we had them over here :)

As this is the critique section.......
The primary focus is on the flowering plant and the bird (DoF aside) is a tad OOF around the eye/head area. This does not detract from its overall 'nicety'
PS Topaz AI Sharpen may tune to focus a bit to 'sharpen' it up as needed?

Last edited:
Beautiful image. I've been lucky enough to see them in the US, Caribbean and Costa Rica.

I do see what BB is on about during a second glance, the flower is prominent, but to get the hummer as sharp as you did, for what I know is a bird that requires instantaneous reflexes is commendable...

Beautiful image. I've been lucky enough to see them in the US, Caribbean and Costa Rica.

I do see what BB is on about during a second glance, the flower is prominent, but to get the hummer as sharp as you did, for what I know is a bird that requires instantaneous reflexes is commendable...
That I do not doubt that, when I have seen video of them with their hovering & darting behaviour = clearly not the easiest of BiF to photograph !

@Bill in Texas
Bill, you have said "no editing" but if you would like me to run it through AI Sharpen and post the result as a comparison, please say so?

Nice photo, Bill! Love those little feet!

Lovely image, Bill.
I too wish we had them here (ie near Amsterdam)
Hope you have the opportunity sometime, Levina. There are so many over the world and my corner has a miniscule number of types.

That's a cracker !

Nice photo, Bill! Love those little feet!
Thanks very much. I appreciate the kind words. The feet are a curious feature that though small, jump out.

Back