humpback whale at slapton ley, devon

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
No
So amazing to watch, glad it coincided with a week that we had booked to come down to Devon. 30+mph winds made it tricky to photograph. Very pleased to see it seems so well considering how close inshore it was getting.

humpback whale #1 slapton ley by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

humpback whale #2 slapton ley by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

humpback whale #3 slapton ley by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

humpback whale #4 slapton ley by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

humpback whale #5 slapton ley by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

humpback whale #6 slapton ley by Michael Johnson, on Flickr

Seeing cetaceans is IMO such a privilege and in UK waters in your case above ~ great :)

FWIW we have enjoyed seeing the dolphins at Chanonry point and the whales at Hermanus & Hout Bay in South Africa. I am always in awe of even the briefest sightings of these magnificent creatures.

Thanks for sharing :)

Wow thats great - humpbacks are my favourites! Every year i say i want to go up to 'orcawatch' in scotland which is held every May but logistically, it never happens..... i've loved whales since i was 7 - its so great that we can many species from our coast line - just have to get out there looking!

Seeing cetaceans is IMO such a privilege and in UK waters in your case above ~ great :)

FWIW we have enjoyed seeing the dolphins at Chanonry point and the whales at Hermanus & Hout Bay in South Africa. I am always in awe of even the briefest sightings of these magnificent creatures.

Thanks for sharing :)

It certainly is, they are my favourite groups of animal, We do isles of scilly every october, i;m always out at sea when I get the chance, thank you for looking.

Wow thats great - humpbacks are my favourites! Every year i say i want to go up to 'orcawatch' in scotland which is held every May but logistically, it never happens..... i've loved whales since i was 7 - its so great that we can many species from our coast line - just have to get out there looking!

Orcas are on the list to do, missed a couple by about 30 minutes last year, off north berwick, was gutted!

what an experience,

a few years back we got held up on shetland, on heading around the quay to the hotel there was loads of togs, i enquired to what was happening and was told an orca pod was playing. i waited for 45 mins before giving up and heading to the boozer, something i would love to see now.

Back