Hybrid bag for camera & other stuff

Edit My Images
Yes
Looking for suggestions for a bag (probably doesn't exist!) which allows safe storage of my Nikon D810 and Nikon 18-105mm lens, but also has plenty of space for personal stuff (guide book, notebook, bottle of water, passport and stuff).

I ordered the Lowepro Photo Hatchback 22l AW, but found it's not got much room for the personal stuff. I don't want to carry a huge bag around as I'm going to Crete and it will be a pain in the heat.

Has anyone found a bag with the right balance of light weight, enough room for basic camera kit and space for personal stuff too?

Get a holster type bag or lens wrap for your camera and lens, then use any bag you want, aslong as the camera will fit inside wrapped up.

Plenty around from all the usual suspects. They tend to be a bit crap though, by definition they're a compromise on both parts. And there's a good chance you'll want to carry a ratio of camera to 'other' gear, that isn't ideally suited for whatever random ratio the bag is designed for.

If you're just travelling with one camera and one lens, do you need a bag for it? Get a backpack that suits the stuff you have that needs to go in a bag, and use the camera strap to carry the camera.

If you can't find a bag that suits by default most photo backpacks have removable dividers attached with velcro- you should be able to divide up the space however you like. There are also inserts for a camera that you can drop into any bag you like- they're a few quid on ebay.

I have a ideal backpack that I got for the same purpose ,it looks like a hiking backpack but it's really light and has all the camera dividers fitted .its called a s.inpad sports and fashion bag .made of rip stop nylon .
Bought off e.bay and probably Chinese ,does the job though I bought mind for Greece to even comes with w.proof cover

You might want to take a look at fstop bags: http://fstopgear.com/

The trouble with F-stop bags is that they are not true 2 compartment bags; so little bits and knick-knacks fall down from the top of the bag into and around the ICU in the bottom section where you keep your gear. I find it a nuisance. excellent bags otherwise.

The ideal bag does not exist. It's a well-known fact.;)

Back