Critique Hyde Park, Leeds

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
It was lovely and misty yesterday morning so on my walk to work I decided to grab my camera bag and see if I could grab any useful shots.

Hyde Park Trees
by Pamplemoose, on Flickr

I've been trying to get a shot of the (no doubt in everyone's opinion) "done to death" tree lined avenue type of photo for a while now and I quite like the way that you can see bits of fog in the sides of the picture. Looking at it today I think my chair at home must be wonky as I swear that horizon was level last night! Hopefully you can't tell where I've photoshopped out a honking great rubbish bin and 3 people.

Hyde Park Sunrise
by Pamplemoose, on Flickr

This one I shot just as I was walking past. I'm not sure whether I like it or not. It's pretty representative of the Hyde Park area though. Overflowing bins and students!

Too nice shots there Paul and you know I prefer the second a very typical inner city shot and reminds me of the area well. I think the first needs the sun to be stronger to create early morning sunbeams. Great shots never the less.

I think the first would look better in b/w. liking the symmetrical feel.
LOVE the second one. I just love the ignorance of the people in the shot. It's a shabby street but hey, what the hell that's life. Excellent.

2 nice shots the first will work well in B&W.

A bit noisy but you probably had to raise the iso a bit due to difficult light condition?

I like your first one and I'm sure i would have been happy to take this myself!

Thanks for the comments guys. I've only just bought myself a 70-300 lens so I'm mostly just experimenting with the compressed field of view.

I like the almost pastel like subtle colour of the first shot, be worth re visiting in autumn to get some stronger colour in the fallen leaves

Back