Hydrant

Name
Julie
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, I hope I'm not the only crazy one out there that takes pics of these things eh! :D

Cheers,
colourhydrant.jpg

Comments and critique always welcome! :D

Jewel

jewel said:
Ok, I hope I'm not the only crazy one out there that takes pics of these things eh! :D

We don't have such things in the UK. We have yellow signs with a H on them and somewhere nearby a metal cover set in the ground - under that is the connector for attaching the fire hydrant stand/tap thing (part of the fire engine equipment).

This is where someone says well I've got a fire hydrant in my street.....:)

Oh and nice colours :) also nice to see someone your side of the pond using metric measurements.... 100mm :)

RobertP said:
We don't have such things in the UK. We have yellow signs with a H on them and somewhere nearby a metal cover set in the ground - under that is the connector for attaching the fire hydrant stand/tap thing (part of the fire engine equipment).

This is where someone says well I've got a fire hydrant in my street.....:)

Oh and nice colours :) also nice to see someone your side of the pond using metric measurements.... 100mm :)

Canadian's use metric, American's use imperial measurements.

ppuga said:
I like the colors!

Do you have different angles of this?

No I don't have any other angles of it Pablo, but there are plenty of em around so I will give it another go. They are colourful though eh! Thanks for the comments folks.

Oh and you don't have hydrants like this in the UK?, crikes what happens in the winter when the snow and ice cover em all up?LOL

Cheers,

jewel

Yep thats right, one snowflake and that's it, mass hysteria!!!! :snowball: :snowman:

I think may be its intresting to get different point of views, something with some kind of angle or perspective of this hydrant could work, just an opinion.

cheers, hows weather there?

Bloody 'ell, you wouldn't miss that would you. We disguise ours, it's a special game we let our firemen play. Hunt the water.

Agree with pablo, would be good to have a 'study' of hydrantology.

ppuga said:
I like the colors!

Do you have different angles of this?

Well I went searching Pablo and this is the only other angle I do have, thought I had none. So here it is, not a very interesting shot as this was shot in a new development so, nuttin interesting around it. :D Boring I know,lol.

FH.jpg

Cheers,

Jewel :)

Thanks for sharing Jewel!! :D May be because we don't have those kind of hydrants here is why I want to see more about it, hehe.

cheers!

Looks as if Dr Who could sign this one up as an extra.

Back