Hyper Mac?

Name
Andy
Edit My Images
Yes
Has anyone heard of Hyper Mac before? they look quite tempting though a bit pricey.

Has anyone on here used them?

Cheers

Andy

Never heard of them to be honest and do seem quite expensive.
Which Mac do you have as it may be easier/more cost effective (if you have the ability) to just buy a spare battery??

DB

Looks interesting but I agree, you can buy a spare Mac battery even from Apple at under half the price an get the same increase in life. Only advantage with Hyper Mac is you don't need to turn the Mac off to change the battery.

The latest Macs portables may present a problem as the batteries are almost part of the Mac itself. However you do get exceedingly long life with them so you may not need the additional battery. The Car Charger looks good though very expensive.

its not jsut a spare battery that i want though, its the ability to plug one into the mag safe port and run the mac off it when the inbuilt battery is low. I have a 15inch Unibody MBP

The only reference I can find to a review from a mag I know, is Mac Format here in the UK.

Can't find the original article so can't comment.

Try putting the question on one of the Mac Forums and see if anyone there knows anything.

Occasionally I listen to a podcast called MacBreak, the HyperMac has been mentioned a few times. They seem to be of a great standard.

Anytime, also they make the HyperDrive which has had good reviews in the past.

interesting... I can see use of it on long flights on planes without power outlets... although it is a bit pricy...

this is one of the reasons im looking at it, a long haul flight every 6 weeks is no fun :(

Back