I accidently took this

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I was messing around with my camera and fired off a shot without any thought.:bonk: I really like it so I thought I'd post it. It's cropped but otherwise no pp.
Let me know what you think.
Crossroads.jpg

I think that stop sign doesn't look 100 yards from the stop in the road :)

Is that a pub sign in the distance?

Can't tell you why but I quite like it too.

I was going to comment on the stop sign too.

Its a good shot tho I dont know why. It has so many things wrong with it, but it works

It's very viewable isn't it.

If you want to know why you like it, it because there are things that lead the eye nicely down the road but there are also things to stop and look at on the way.

Also when you get to the end, the road disappears off out of the frame leaving the imagination to take over at the end of the little journey you've provided.

These shots always seem to work better when the road exits stage left, rather than to the right. I suppose that's down to the whole reading left to right deal, so when your eye leaves on the left you kinda start again but if it leaves on the right.... sort of job done, move on.

I like it
thought it was New England at first
very rural
and as others have commented leads the eye nicely through the picture

and an accident you say
that's one smart camera - whatever it wants - get it!

I think that stop sign doesn't look 100 yards from the stop in the road :)

Is that a pub sign in the distance?

Can't tell you why but I quite like it too.

It is tho!

The image is foreshortened significantly.

The sign is the village sign, turn left at the crossroads for the pub:beer:

Thanks for the comments folks

Personally I like the way the bush partly covers the sign and the left corner of the shot, it is almost like a natural vignette.

-Xclam

Thanks folks comments appreciated, although I clearly can not take much credit for it as there was very little thought or preparation involved. :LOL:

Jeangenie there have been a few RTA's at the junction!

Back