Name
Steven
Edit My Images
No
a D200

should be here tomorrow, cant wait

just need to find somewhere local with cheap memory to test things out

congrats, have fun:)

just body but i already have the 18-135mm AF-S lens and the Sigma 100-300F4 to put on :D

Excellent choice, what did you have prior?

D40x

looked at other lenses to but there going to have to wait until the end of the month or early next month (birthday :LOL:)

if only i had £140 more i would have went for the sigma 24-70 aswell

Now that's a nice upgrade. The D40x is an excellent body by all means, but the D200 is just a whole different ball game.

I hope you enjoy it ... took me a while to start to master some of its ins and outs, a somewhat heavier to lug around than a D40x.

lets hope so. at the MotoGP next weekend so in at the deep end i guess lol

will practice with it this weekend and taking some pics for a mte of his car next week so i should be ready for the challenge lol

Congratulations on the new arrival! I know you will have fun with it.
Now, lets see how you can last before the D300 starts calling you. It happened with me, I only held out for a couple of months ;)
Allan

Yeah, I'm still holding out on the D300 ... but God only knows how painful this is. Every day I check the prices to see how much I need to forkout if I sell my D200!

Welcome to the ever increasing clan!

So thats the last we will hear from you for a bit while you sort out how to use it!
Best of luck, you made a good choice, its a brilliant camera. :clap::clap:
Allan

now have a 1gb memory stick to test the camera with and am awaiting 3 8gb cards

sorry to tell you this, but its compact flash for the D200:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Glad you got one sorted, knew you would after my lenses comment....

In regard to the sigma, i had the 24-60, and found it limiting in the wide angle, if your gonna keep the 18-135 not as big an issue, but ive just sold mine, and bought a 17-70 as jessops were knocking em out at £80 a week or so ago ( back up at £159 now )

no D300 for me, maybe a D400 when the time comes lol

I would agree. IMHO I don't think D300 the is that significant an upgrade, unless you shoot a lot in low light and need the higher ISO's. Personally I'm sticking with the D200 and saving for faster glass. :wave:

thats my plan to, other halfs dad has a D200 D300 and D2x i think it is (D2 something) and he says the D300 isn't alot different to the D200 in all honesty so there would be no need for me going down that route

going for a drive to the quayside at lunch time for a practice so we will see, seems alot better though and i am just getting used to it. cant wait to get to know all of the features and what not

i do hope in the long run i can save for a simga or nikon 12-24, i thought the 10-20 was alittle wide and distory at 10mm so after something wide but not as wide for my hols next year. coupld of other lenses to cover ranges i would use and i will be happy

Back