I am one that has the opportunity to capture the wierd world

2+2=11. Or 10. Maybe even 4. Numbers are an artificial construct any way they're described.

I've seen UFOs - any flying object I can't identify is by definition a UFO.

I've seen a green man - in the mirror when I went to a fancy dress party as the inedible bulk.

There's an article I need to re-read on the nature of time and infinite division before commenting further. Numbers considered the way you're describing them are an artificial construct, therefore not necessarily useful in this discussion.
I'll remember that next time I am making an offer in the classifieds or talking about using f/1.4 rather than f/4!
Seriously...

2+2=11. Or 10. Maybe even 4. Numbers are an artificial construct any way they're described.
And there is absolutely no reason for the alphabet to be in order

It's only in order so you can remember it

If it’s in a different order you”d have to rename it... :thinking:

And there is absolutely no reason for the alphabet to be in order
I can say the alphabet backwards as quickly as forwards. :LOL:

But I bet most of us can type faster on a QWERTY keyboard than an ABCDEF one!

But who put it in that order and why?

I can say the alphabet backwards as quickly as forwards. :LOL:
You are a prime candidate for one of these reality talent shows. ( I bet that'd win too (y) )
But I bet most of us can type faster on a QWERTY keyboard than an ABCDEF one!
Keyboard yes, but by old phone was ABC the new one is qwerty it took me awhile to switch :thinking:

But who put it in that order and why?

You are a prime candidate for one of these reality talent shows. ( I bet that'd win too (y) )

Keyboard yes, but by old phone was ABC the new one is qwerty it took me awhile to switch :thinking:
Apparently it is in its present order because that is the way it has always been, certainly since the 15th C , with more modern letters being added to the order - J for example.
Vowels are also a more recent 'invention', older alphabets consisted of consonants only

The word alphabet is obviously from the first two letters of the current order and the word has come to mean 'a set of letters in a fixed order' - that doesn't mean they have to be in a certain order...
Apparently the Phoenicians started the current order, though obviously not using the currently accepted letters.

Ethiopic languages such as Amharic, Tigrinya, and Ge'ez use a writing system that dates to the 9th century BC and use a different lettering order that runs :
H, L, M, Q, W, R, T, S, K, N, B, P, A, G, D, Z, Y

:)

Apparently it is in its present order because that is the way it has always been, certainly since the 15th C ,
Time for a change "with the times" in that case (y)
:D

Back