I am really pleased I got this

• Thread starter Deleted member 34016
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 34016

After arriving to the north of South Stacks on Anglesey - and some hike up to the wilder places, that took me almost 2 hours to climb, I found a spot with the sun to my back and waited

I was rewarded with a quick glimpse of the elusive Chough -

Here is is

DSC05505 South Stacks Chough by Les Moxon, on Flickr

His/Her mate was not so forth coming :)

DSC05496 Chough by Les Moxon, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Les :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done! I have seen one but have no photographs.
I did specifically go to that part of the island to search for this bird.

Thank you .

Not easy to photograph these shy birds unless you like crawling through Heather [emoji28]

Should have gone to the little orme , earlier this year they were playing tag with me and Steve Dawes

Very nice indeed, lovely detail. Intrigued as to where you had a "hike up to the wilder places ".

Howard

When you arrive at the 1st car park, past where the café is ( not open now- just building works) on to 2nd car park - from there walk down the road towards the lighthouse steps- turn right up a concrete path - under the barrier and on towards the Copa ( where they do lots of climbing), bypass these heavy duty cliffs and bear right- these choughs were at the rear of the Copa its around 2 to 3 miles there you will be in what I described as wild places I saw no people during my 3 hour stay in that area- I hope that answers your question?

You must be chuffed to bits
Well someone had to...

Made me laugh and yes after the effort I put in I was very Chuffed :)

Great capture.

Thank you Bob
Should have gone to the little orme , earlier this year they were playing tag with me and Steve Dawes

I should have done lots of things - so much to see and do I never got around to seeing Little Orme :)

Efforts well rewarded,Les. (y)

Thank you John:

Les

Last edited by a moderator:
When you arrive at the 1st car park, past where the café is ( not open now- just building works) on to 2nd car park - from there walk down the road towards the lighthouse steps- turn right up a concrete path - under the barrier and on towards the Copa ( where they do lots of climbing), bypass these heavy duty cliffs and bear right- these choughs were at the rear of the Copa its around 2 to 3 miles there you will be in what I described as wild places I saw no people during my 3 hour stay in that area- I hope that answers your question?

Yes it definitely answers my question, thanks. Not having a head for heights I've never really walked very far along the cliff edges. And having a nervous mother I was always dragged back from the edge when we went up there, must be how I got my bad head for heights, ah well!!

Cheers,

Howard

Back