I cannot go on much longer!!

As soon as the lid is removed form a tin of celebrations, both cats will appear begging for a chocolates.

ou sure it's the chocolates they're after? Our old tom cat used to jump to attention when he heard the box/tin open but it was the wrappers he was interested in, loved you to throw them so he could chase/catch/kill them.

Spaghetti? Ideally wholemeal but "white" will do at a pinch! Must be eaten while standing on hind legs with front paws on feeder's knees/thighs and the thread dropping vertically into gaping maw. Just one strand (cooked as for human consumption but before oil and pepper drizzle) will be enough for ours. She'll also try to nick my breakfast weetabix but I'm sure that's more for the milk than the wholesome goodness! Problem is that cows' milk gives her the Joe Scrivenses... (Not implying that Joe's a ****, just that his ******** habits are over documented on the forum!)

Strewth. I've just read that list^^^^^

Our cat ate most of those things at some time or another. Did it kill her? Yes, just on her 18th birthday. No doubt some "expert" will have been paid a small fortune to research all that lot!

mickledore said:

Our cat ate most of those things at some time or another. Did it kill her? Yes, just on her 18th birthday. No doubt some "expert" will have been paid a small fortune to research all that lot!

Smoking can kill, doesn't mean it will but doesn't make it heathy either.

Unless an animal has clear symptoms its not always evident of an issue anyway, its not like they'll turn around and say "excuse me, human? I'm feeling a bit peaky, could you put me in the pet carrier and take me to see the thermometer up the bottom guy?"

:)

Last edited:
Our cat has a passion for strawberry yoghurt, he gets his head as far as he can in the pot and I end up turning it while he licks it. He also likes peanut butter, porridge, marmite, cheese , some curries and quavers.

He also goes absolutely mad for earwax, whether it's on a cotton bud or straight out the ear (wake p with his tongue in my ear regularly).

And now for something unedible, he loves cardboard boxes and jumps in one as soon as it's empty and will lay in it for hours, even if it's too small for comfort. If there's no boxes he'll sleep on empty bags as well.

8291085780_1ef55d4ca2_b.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
Biggles our Border Terrier loves pickled gherkins from the chip shop smothered in curry sauce. :D

WRT post #43, life WILL end badly! Nobody lives forever and neither do our furry friends. !8 is a good age for a cat so I doubt that her eating habits will have hastened her end by much and they almost certainly improved her quality of life during consumtion!

Stuart (modchild), box occupation is a cat thing - pretty sure they all do it, just like they all seem to like lying on empty shopping bags or newspapers on laps! Earwax though? Yeuch! However, they do seem to regard their own "chocolate starfish" as a delicacy so the wax may be their version of a sorbet!

ou sure it's the chocolates they're after? Our old tom cat used to jump to attention when he heard the box/tin open but it was the wrappers he was interested in, loved you to throw them so he could chase/catch/kill them.

Lolll .... your spot on!

Crumpet eats curry (Madras), chili, all manner of vegetables - will drink the juice from canned veggies, most kinds of soups.

most of the items listed should be avoided because they COULD cause problems, few of them would result in death, and those that could usually require large amounts to be consumed. just wanted to point them out to warn others as some of the potentially dangerous food items people are unaware of, it is then up to them what they do with the information(y)

Chocolate is apparently poisonous to humans as well as pets. IIRC, the LD50 for an average human is 20kg. I reckon I could make myself sick on it but I'm fairly certain that the sickness would stop me keeping anything like that LD50 down!

If you look at that list there are a few things that are obvious, like the green potatoe skin with eyes, even we were told as kids not to eat that. As for things like Garlic, it is used in major brand Cat and Dog food. Like everything else in life in small quantities it is harmless. Imho that list is aimed more for the idiots that think it is safe to replace the whole diet for their animals with human food. As for our Milo, I dont think he looks too unhealthy at the moment ;)

Milo-2.jpg

Last edited:
Spike loves a wotsit and Weasel (don't ask why she's called weasel - no one really knows) would kill to lick out a nearly empty dairylea tub. They both had a bit of trifle last night and the vet told us to give spike cows milk and cheese to help with his constipated bum!

Back