I Can't work it out!

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
I have a problem I can't work out.

I have 2 old motherboards ( 1 Asus and 1 Gigabyte) which use 2 different processors (i5-2400K and Intel Duo) which use different types of ram DDR3 and DDR2.
The Gigabyte board and Core duo has onboard graphics while the Asus and I5 does not. I had a nvidia graphics crd for that one.

I have changed the cmos batteries in both boards to new one.

When I power the boards up I get the bios screen as expected, but after several minutes the display just blanks and I can't get it back with out resting the power.

I have tried 2 different power supplies.

The monitor is I think ok as it will display output from my Nas system for far longer.
The monitor is VGA and has power saving mode, but I think the power button changes from blue to orange when that is activated, in the problem above that stays blue.
I will have to test that.

Any idea's

Pete

It seems to be the Monitor, I need to power it off/on for it to kick back into action.

Could it be the VGA cable? I mind having problems with HDMI cables in the past with a monitor needing to be cycled to power up.

Could it be the VGA cable? I mind having problems with HDMI cables in the past with a monitor needing to be cycled to power up.
I will check that out, I should have a spare one or two about, will just need to untangle them no doubt.

I will check that out, I should have a spare one or two about, will just need to untangle them no doubt.
Hi, If replacing VGA cable doesn’t help. It might happen also if the motherboards are overheating, causing the display to blank out. Check if the fans are working properly and if the heatsinks are properly seated on the CPUs. If you are using a separate graphics card on the Asus board, it may be causing issues also. Try removing the graphics card and using the onboard graphics to see if that resolves the issue. Otherwise, there might be a BIOS settings conflict. But hope, that’s not the case.

Back