I`d like to get this right.

fracster

I love BRASH and BRASH loves me
Suspended / Banned
Name
Ade
Edit My Images
Yes
It is just not working for me, but I don`t know why, i`d really like to get it spot on....:shrug:

It was taken during a thunderstorm, obviously hence the rainbow....:bonk:, I just can`t seem to get it right in photoshop. I have the original RAW file.Anybody got any suggestions please?

Other than the recycle bin......:LOL:

Rainbows_Resized001.jpg

Thanks, but the sky looks blown in certain areas and every time I try to adjust it, the rainbow starts to go all messy.

:shrug:

I really like the composition but i think the blown high lights might be your problem. The foreground is nicely exposed can you recover the highlights on the raw and then blend 2 pics together ie one exposure for the sky and one for the foreground??

There is some real wierd stuff going on around that rainbow, i`ll keep at it, thanks for the comments. Keep `em coming please....(y)

Last edited:
There is a blown out area at the top of the visible rainbow area, I have no idea how to get rid of it or indeed if that is possible.There is also a secondary small rainbow visible to the left of the main one.When the image is adjusted for exposure the rainbows go very vibrant and a weird halo appears over the trees.

*frac reaches for the CS3 book*.............:thinking:

Don`t mind at all, thanks for doing that.If you don`t mind,how did you do it?

Hi

I used levels and curves, then a flash fill action that I made, and used viveza plugin over the sky area, and finally a colour boost,frame. sorry I cant be more specific on my actions but their are many steps in them. you could try googleing flash fill, and colour boost, actions

Dave

Back