I dont DO landscapes...

Betty

BrideZilla!!!
Edit My Images
No
... but I had to have a go when I was in Castleton yesterday. I kinda like it, considering I didnt take my tripod ;)

What do you think? Should I stick to portraits? :) And please ignore the watermark, its going on my website for my 365 you see :)

castleton1.jpg

i 'kinda like it' as well...

Not bad Betty, lacks a bit of foreground but not knowing the scene I don't know what you had to contend with. I don't do many landscapes as I think they are the hardest thing to master in photography. I say if you enjoy it continue to master this area, I'm sure you can ;)

To be honest Alby, landscapes bore me. Thats not to say I dont enjoy looking at others images, but I find them so boring to shoot myself, but I couldnt not shoot this, what with it being my birthday outing :)

I dount Ill master landscape photography, Ill stick to shooting people :D

Hmm think I would have gone for a bit less sky and more foreground...but it looks like a nice view :D

....also have I missed your birthday then!? d'oh (even more d'oh if there was a thread) Happy belated birthday :D

You dont do landscapes very well. I like this, nice open scene, like the shadow / light on the hills. And a decent sky, works for me.

I like this. It's not a spectacular photograph but very nice none the less. The clouds give good interest in the sky and the landscape is well lit. A nice photograph.

Perhaps Betty you should do more landscapes!

I'm sure everyone who lives there is doing the Betty Bop!

Not a bad effort for someone who doesn't do landsacapes

:D

I've struggled to do anything "landscapey" (yes, that's now a word, I just invented it) so thumbs up for this attempt. I need to try harder. :D

all I can say is I'm glad you don't do landscapes
that's pretty darn good!

Well, I think it's a good ol' "classic" landscape postcard type shot. It has the appearance of setting out what it was supposed to do and doesn't prove too demanding to the senses, if you know what I mean.
What gave it wieght was how you chose a bright day with sunshine and patchy cumulus to take the picture.
In other words, it's a very pleasant enough capture that would look good in anyone's '365. ;)

Pretty! I think I would have focussed more on the ground though and less on the sky, it looks quite interesting.

Thanks everyone, I agree its much more picture postcard than anything, but I am ok with that :D

Back