I don't know where to post...so I'll make a thread, Fuji 56/1.2 content.

Raymond Lin

I am Groot
Name
Raymond
Edit My Images
No
Just got a Fuji 56/1.2 R. I would post it in the X-Pro 1 thread but this is more about the lens as opposed to the camera.

First impression -

Box - unnecessarily big. Why are they so big? I have bigger L glass or Sigma lenses in smaller boxes.

Construction - It's pretty good, all metal, very tight tolerances. The hood it comes with is a proper full size one and can reverse screw in for compact size and can still shoot the lens with it reverse and still can change the aperture which is handy.

Focus - Slow and loud, on my X-Pro 1 it gives me 85L a run for its money in terms of focus speed which is saying something. I'm sure it'll be faster on the X-Pro 2 or XT-2.
Bokeh - TBC

Sharpness - TBC

Colour - TBC

On a whole, for £770 for a 1.2 is good. Although it's in theory a 1.8 bokeh lens at 85mm which is double of the Canon which I had and focus a miles faster. I wonder why its so slow even though it is internal focusing. The reason the 85L is slow is mostly because it move the front element.

XWI5cRo.jpg

0zD18hb.jpg

Need some Fuji lens-only threads like this. I used to use the POTN forum, which has fantastic lens sample threads, but it's all American, prefer TP.

The POTN lens section is second to none. If you are a Canon user and want to see some PROFESSIONAL shots with the lenses and truly what you can do, as opposed to shots of your dog, that's the place to go.

Someone say cat?

ISO 2000, hand-held, f2, cat looking up. Shebang.

Dusty @f2
by Ian, on Flickr

I love this lens. Wouldn't part with it. So many shots thrown out due to operator error though.
Focus on the X-T1 is quick and responsive. Just got my X-T2 today so am looking forward to see how that shapes up.

(Quick & responsive is subjective as an exclusively Fuji shooter)

Back