I got a photo published!

Name
Sean
Edit My Images
Yes
I did a photoshoot for a band called Kenelis, some time back.
In a local newspaper called 'What's On', I've had a photo printed in it!

One of the band members nipped over today to show me it, but I don't know where to get another copy :(

It was an article about GuilFest, so obviously the paper is local to guildford.
If anyone can find a paper like this, sending it to me would be most appreciated!

Unfortunately the band members didn't know my full name, so didn't credit it to me. Slightly annoying, but not the end of the world.

Congrats FP

Thanks guys :) Am chuffed indeed :) Got a quick photocopy, and the shot mentioned is this one:

2wgc8x0.jpg

Not even a good photo!
:LOL:

grats! love hearing good news :clap:

The newspaper should be able to provide you with a copy?

Congrats on the print!

Must be a great feeling, congrats (y)

Congrats mate. A good feeling - even without the cheque! :LOL:

Hopefully the first of many for you! (y)

I've looked for the newspaper on the internet, but I can't find them. If worst comes to worst, I'll go back over to Andy (the bassist of Kenelis) and ask if I can nab the copy for a phone number.

They should be in the local yellow pages, local pages or even available via 118 118?

Nice one, you should be well chuffed(y)

It's all changed a bit now. It turns out they sell photos, too.
On the off chance they DO sell my photo, thats out of order.

I'll be emailing them telling them that it is my photo, asking for credit for the photo, and that they can check for legitimacy with the Kenelis bandmembers.

Thanks Davenjulie!
Just going to send them an email. Hope for a reply soon :)
I'll ask them to credit the photo to me as well :)

Your welcome
it is out of order if they sell any cpoies of your photo, let them know its yours as you said, I think they should give you a cut if they sell them, wouldnt know about broaching the subject to them, though

good for you
sounds like a result

do they agree to pay you when they sell copies???

Hey I built that site! I look after the loal newspaper sites for the Guardian Media Group. And that's one of mine. Did you manage to get a good copy? If not I should be able to get you one. PM me if you need me to. Online photosales isn't available yet as I'm still writing it for the new site!

Indeed it is. Who did you speak to down there? Ali or Tom by any chance?

Well done Foodpoison! It must be very gratifying to have a shot in print.

I'm always grateful for a bit of publicity but to have a band named after me (Ken Ellis), it surely can't do any harm. Even if they have spelled it incorrectly :LOL:

Back