I hate Sky...

Edit My Images
No
First off there broadband service is terrible, cuts out everyday and you have to unplug it, repair connection about 4 times before it'll work again which is a pain in the back side. And now my Sky+ Has decided to pack in, Most of the time the Pause, Rewind and fast forward functions dont work when im watching something so when i pause it, it takes about 30 seconds to pause and then it wont un pause, usually if i unplug the box and plug it back in its fine. But now none of the Sky Plus functions work, cant record anything cant watch anything ive recorded. Moral of the story is, Sky suck lol.

Just had to have a rant.

I keep hearing bad things about the broadband :thinking: I guess I will be staying away from that one!

Yeah do, its awful.

You dont get the speeds you pay for because the phone lines cant handle the speeds, my dad decided to change because it was cheap. I though NTL was bad but i realize now they were Brilliant lol.

I have sky+ and haven't had an issue but I know people have had tons of issues with the BB.

Yeah we moved and went sky for tv and BT for broadband (both with NTL before) we are now realising that NTL werent actually as bad as we thought :( (Though saying that the BT broadband is ok, its just not very fast) - but there is no cable around these parts, so we are stuck :(

EDIT - oh yeah out sky TV seems to be ok. Just took them forever to install it :( the HD box is the only one we have with sky+ though, and it works a treat :)

I can't even set reminders now and i know if i phone them ill be on the phone for ages.

Well when you finally do get through make sure you complain heavily, and say you want compensating for all the trouble you've had with it ;).

I was once with BT and they were crap with too many restrictions on the service, it's changed now, but I would never use them again. I have for the past 5 years used AOL, and apart from the occasional error with taking the payment on the wrong date they have been excellent. Always fast and always online (except 1 time in 5 years). So long as you do their updates and and spyware scan and reboot your computer at least once every couple of days you shouldn't get any problems... oh and i only use it for email and connection, I use IE for browsing. If anyone wants to go with AOL let me know and I'll recommend you or whatever it is, then I get a reward :LOL:

The thing with Sky BB, BT, and all the others that use a BT phone line is that speed is dependant on line distance from the exchange and cable quality. And the advertising always states "Up to....xx meg"

As for the Sky+, we dont have it......I aint paying for it, so until they give it to me for free, I'm not having it.

Are you sure it's not just the remote? I'd like HD/Sky+ etc but for the amount of times I'd get the benefit from it, without subscribing to all the channels under the sun, it's just not worth it.

Ring them up and see if they'll send you a refurb box for free (they will if it's under warranty). If not, the charge is £60, but theyre sometimes willing to waive that if you're out of minimum contract (and can therefore cancel if you want ;))

Well problem solved :D did a system restore on it and it works fine now.

Sky still suck though :p

Back