I have been published!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool Matt really cool (y)
Nice title too :D

If I gave stuff away I'd be out of a job - it's worth thinking about, especially as you seem keen on this as a career. And yes I did get paid for my first published picture.

Well done on getting published, but bear it in mind.

Shouldn't that be "cluck" ;)

:LOL:

I don't feel threatened at all - but you'd feel threatened if soemone was taking over your job by doing it for free. I have plenty of work - but there are lots of photographers suffering because of this attitude.

p.s. in my spare time - I kill vermin! I think I'm good at it too!

Yeah. because East Fife ******* mail has a great motosport tog who I am outshing. Excuse my french. IT IS A ONE OFF GET OVER IT YOU *****.

awesome mate nice one

Yeha, but I havt been paid so its not that good, obviously :(

Last edited by a moderator:
in the future - it will be - appreciated - I hope you get many more pics published - and get paid handsomely.

If I gave stuff away I'd be out of a job - it's worth thinking about, especially as you seem keen on this as a career. And yes I did get paid for my first published picture.

Well done on getting published, but bear it in mind.

Yeah, now if that was AWP comment then fairy nuff. I as just happy and I didnt want to risk the oppurtinity.

Thank you for the congrats and being decent.

Everyone starts somewhere but if you start working for free then the uphill struggle is three times as great!

Put in your place....by a 16 year old...

shouldn't laugh really.....

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:::LOL:(y)

:LOL: THanks Flash.

in the future - it will be - appreciated - I hope you get many more pics published - and get paid handsomely.

Thank you for that. I respect you for making that comment (y)

Just watch this space ;)

Let's all take a breath guys.

AWP, I know where you're coming from but a free shot to a small local paper in Fife is not the same as printing a bunch of pics and walking round the paddock handing them out is it? I'm guessing I'm in a similar situation to you. I have a proper working job but I earn some money through photography and when I know guys are giving away shots or under cutting guys who actually rely on sales for their *sole* income then I'll have a word.

But at the end of the day it is a competitive market place. You can't stop people doing it as there's no law and certainly the argument isn't going to be all over following a comment on a thread on a forum where someone has just got their first shot published.

I hope this comes across as a fair and reasoned comment as that is certainly how it is meant.

JB

Last edited:
stop it guys, please, I don't want to have to use the buttons :(

awp, I really think you should stand back and take a look at yourself and what you did here, totally out of order IMO.

Congrats Matt :)

/puts mod hat on - Everyone play nice, there is no need to start insulting people to get your point across awp (like Mike Hoyer has shown) and Flash In The Pan stop trying to fan the flames of the argument Matt is quite capable of fighting his own battles :)

EDIT - Damn I need to type faster!

If it had been the Sunday Times or Newsweek or Paris Match asking for the pic - the result would have been the same - have it for free! Not good. I refused a major national a pic last year because they didn't have a budget - they found one!

There are a lot of people that buy "products" from Homebase B&Q Tesco's etc
when they cock it up they call the proffesionals (y)
I am not worried by the DIY'ers in the slightest.
If you can kill vermin quickly cleanly and without endagering yourself or members of the public
Then I say Crack on, there is plenty to go around (y)

Cheers.

Everyone starts somewhere but if you start working for free then the uphill struggle is three times as great!

Yeah, I know. Autosport next and lots of pound signs!!

Let's all take a breath guys.

AWP, I know where you're coming from but a free shot to a small local paper in Fife is not the same as printing a bunch of pics and walking round the paddock handing them out is it? I'm guessing I'm in a similar situation to you. I have a proper working job but I earn some money through photography and when I know guys are giving away shots or under cutting guys who actually rely on sales for their *sole* income then I'll have a word.

But at the end of the day it is a competitive market place. You can't stop people doing it as there's no law and certainly the argument isn't going to be all over following a comment on a thread on a forum where someone has just got their first shot published.

I hope this comes across as a fair and reasoned comment as that is certainly how it is meant.

JB

CHeers Jon.

stop it guys, please, I don't want to have to use the buttons :(

awp, I really think you should stand back and take a look at yourself and what you did here, totally out of order IMO.

I get easily annoyed. Sorry.

You can have my avatar now if you want, Matt :LOL:

:LOL: THank you :D

some professionals can even spell the word! :)

Please stop. I dont watn my first publshed thread to be locked.

this one's going nowhere.

a real shame as Matt did very well and its a shame people cant just be happy for him, he's 16, got an excellent attitude and isnt sitting on a street corner drinking white lightning and polishing his flick knife.

thread cleaned and reopened

this one's going nowhere.

a real shame as Matt did very well and its a shame people cant just be happy for him, he's 16, got an excellent attitude and isnt sitting on a street corner drinking white lightning and polishing his flick knife.

thread cleaned and reopened

Cheers Gary. I will just try to keep me gob shut this time.

And thank you for sticking up for me!!

i would say that 1 year ago you would not have been able to get that shot with enough quality for it to be published..
so it just proves how much you've come on.

dont let it all go to your head though... you've still got a way to go (so have I, and so have most of us), so keep at it, and keep the good atitude

i would say that 1 year ago you would not have been able to get that shot with enough quality for it to be published..
so it just proves how much you've come on.

dont let it all go to your head though... you've still got a way to go (so have I, and so have most of us), so keep at it, and keep the good atitude

NO way. Not a chance.

Thank you very much.

When I am track-side, with a list of publications and website and a reconisged name, then I may be to able to say that I am a great tog.

It's a great feeling isn't it :)

Shame about the banter that's gone on. It's not on in this forum :shake: People need to move on to POTN ;)

However, the highlight of this thread has got to be the new title and avatar ;)

Congratulations, Matt

and may it be the start of much, much more!

:woot::woot::notworthy:(y):clap::1st::beer: :banana:

It's a great feeling isn't it :)

Shame about the banter that's gone on. It's not on in this forum :shake: People need to move on to POTN ;)

However, the highlight of this thread has got to be the new title and avatar ;)

Oh yes!!

:LOL: To true.

:D:D

Congratulations, Matt

and may it be the start of much, much more!
::1st::beer: :banana:

Thank you!!!!

Hey Matt,
I only just found this thread. Chuffed to bits for you mate. You did well. Lets hope you get many more.(y)

Kev

Back