I hope they were going 'retro' ;-)

Edit My Images
Yes
I've been on holiday in Naples for the last week or so, and went to Capri for the day. I went to take the Chairlift up to the top of the mountain, as I didn't even know there was one when I visited a couple of years, and I was seemingly about 30 foot from the ride at one point last time. :rolleyes: Maybe they should do something about their signage. ;) Worth a trip if you ever go the btw, stunning views from the top and an exciting ride with a little wind as there was today. :LOL:

Anyway, while I was at the top taking some pics, I stepped aside as you do at a busy position, to let someone else have a go. Anyway the chap had what looked like a Fuji FinePix S3000 Z, 3mp, and 6x zoom from 2003. :eek: Though I can't be 100%, but that is what it looked like. Amazing that something that old is still being used, though the thing that there could be problems with, and that could be more a problem for the cameras we have now lasting so long, the batteries is not a problem as it takes AA's.

Then later on, as I am waiting to go down the Funicular to get the boat back to Naples, a chap opens up his camera and takes out a mini CD, blows on it and flips it over and closes it. :eek: It looked like a Sony Mavica CD400, 4mp, 3x zoom from 2002, but like the Fuji I can't be exact as I am just going by what they looked like. Un
like the Fuji, this apparently does have its own battery pack. Stunning that that is still running. :confused:

I can't believe that I saw two such old cameras in one day still being used. Is there a 'retro' fad going round or something? :LOL:

They obviously do what their owners want, to be still using them after all these years. :LOL:

I have an Olympus C-100, 1.3 MP camera that my great grandson uses when he's here visiting us, it's still a capable piece of technology that takes some pictures that look very good. My great grandson is just over 2 years old and loves taking photos ;)

Still have my first digital camera, a Canon Powershot A40, all of 2mp and I also have my Fuji S7000 which was the upgrade from the Canon. Still both work perfectly.

I may dig them out later.

Mrs Nod still uses my old CP3100. Not sure how old it is - guessing at about 2000 but I could be way wrong!

That fuji was my first digital camera - it's a pretty decent camera IMO - I would still have it if i had not given it to my god daughter a few years ago. the AA battery thing is possibly an issue, but if you get a decent set of rechargeable batteries, its not a problem. The zoom might be getting a bit troublesome at this age. The sensors in Fuji cameras of that age were among the best i think, i bought a camera a few years after that, which was a higher mega pixel expecting it to be so much better, an Olympus muji range and i was really disappointed with it, i carried on using the Fuji in prefernce of the Olympus and mostly used that when i needed something smaller. The Fuji got taken away from me at a P!nk concert because they thought it was professional! LOL!

Once in a (rare) while I take out my Dad's 1950s Leica - is that "Retro"?

I thought it was just a camera..............

Anyway the chap had what looked like a Fuji FinePix S3000 Z, 3mp, and 6x zoom from 2003. :eek: Though I can't be 100%, but that is what it looked like. Amazing that something that old is still being used, though the thing that there could be problems with, and that could be more a problem for the cameras we have now lasting so long, the batteries is not a problem as it takes AA's.
My Leica IIIa is from 1936. Luckily it doesn't need batteries - you can no longer get them for the Leica Digital-Modul-R, discontinued 10 years ago.

A had a lovely Fuji Finepix that I threw out earlier this year. Must be knocking on 10 years at least (maybe 15) 10mp too so must have been one of the top-of-the-line at a whopping £130 lol, was still a great camera when I last took photos in Chicago back in 2009 but alas, the battery died and I didn't know whether the camera gave up the ghost or whether it was a naff battery. Probably the latter but it went out in the bin anyway.

I've been on holiday in Naples for the last week or so, and went to Capri for the day. I went to take the Chairlift up to the top of the mountain, as I didn't even know there was one when I visited a couple of years, and I was seemingly about 30 foot from the ride at one point last time. :rolleyes: Maybe they should do something about their signage. ;) Worth a trip if you ever go the btw, stunning views from the top and an exciting ride with a little wind as there was today. :LOL:

Anyway, while I was at the top taking some pics, I stepped aside as you do at a busy position, to let someone else have a go. Anyway the chap had what looked like a Fuji FinePix S3000 Z, 3mp, and 6x zoom from 2003. :eek: Though I can't be 100%, but that is what it looked like. Amazing that something that old is still being used, though the thing that there could be problems with, and that could be more a problem for the cameras we have now lasting so long, the batteries is not a problem as it takes AA's.

Then later on, as I am waiting to go down the Funicular to get the boat back to Naples, a chap opens up his camera and takes out a mini CD, blows on it and flips it over and closes it. :eek: It looked like a Sony Mavica CD400, 4mp, 3x zoom from 2002, but like the Fuji I can't be exact as I am just going by what they looked like. Un
like the Fuji, this apparently does have its own battery pack. Stunning that that is still running. :confused:

I can't believe that I saw two such old cameras in one day still being used. Is there a 'retro' fad going round or something? :LOL:

They obviously do what their owners want, to be still using them after all these years. :LOL:

Maybe, unlike a lot of people, they realise that if they're happy with the results from their kit, a new model coming out won't suddenly make the old one stop taking photos they they're happy with?

Out of interest, what were you shooting with?

Until fairly recently my son was still using my old Olympus C-2020Z, (circa 1999) which is just 2MP..... I bought him an X-T1 for his Birthday ;)

That old Olly still puts out a decent pic in good light!

My mother in law is shooting some Olympus compact she bought in about 2003. The shoddy images it takes aren't helped by her complete inability to compose a picture of any aesthetic or documentary merit whatsoever.

And the fact she is your Mother in Law has no bias on your comments whatsoever :rolleyes: :D

Maybe, unlike a lot of people, they realise that if they're happy with the results from their kit, a new model coming out won't suddenly make the old one stop taking photos they they're happy with?

Out of interest, what were you shooting with?
I think I said "They obviously do what their owners want, to be still using them after all these years." :)

Seeing as you asked, I had a Nikon D500 and a Sony RX100III with me. :)

I'm posting images here on a camera released to the market in Jan 2004. TBH it feels like a piece of plastic junk and has about a 5 stop dynamic range, but at least the images are interesting. ;)

I still use my Fuji HS30EXR & FinePix S1000fd

Back