I just pressed buy - Lastolite all-in-one umbrella kit

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Well, as the title says, I just ordered the above kit. I went for the 100cm edition. I did a fair amount of shopping around and managed to get a "price beat" deal from Warehouse Express for £100.24 inc P&P.

Yeah, it may sound a lot for what is ultimately a stand, umbrella, clamp and bag but I did a fair amount of shopping around and to get anything outside of eBay for less than this is not easy.

If anyone's interested I'll write a review on it for any of you "virgin" strobists like me.

:D

I only pressed buy this afternoon. When I get it I'll do a full review and post a few shots. Watch this space...

Hate to break the news but I got two stands, two umbrellas and two clamps from mpex for about £10 less last year. Taxes and delivery I think were around £30 on top but still a bargain in comparison.

Quality of the gear you got?

A valid point raised. The stands are solid as a rock and are air dampened so it doesn't slam down when you undo the locks. The umbrella clamps are fine, they do what they need to. Only quibble I'd have is that the angle you can set them at is staggered rather than continuous. The umbrellas are strong in construction and the light they give is good. Overall I'd say I was more than happy with what I got.

Hate to break the news but I got two stands, two umbrellas and two clamps from mpex for about £10 less last year. Taxes and delivery I think were around £30 on top but still a bargain in comparison.

Appreciate that I coulda got it cheaper. I have two main reasons why I didn't take the cheaper route:

1) I'm impatient - I want it now. Not next week, next month etc... :D
2) I wanted a "brand" name

I couldn't find anything in this country that was not close to the price I paid for the kit I ordered. And your superb deal was last year. Try to do it this year. Having looked at MPEX (new kit at least) nothing comes even close to the price you paid. I guess you got lucky? :D

Back