I just pressed buy on a Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8!

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
Yes
Got it from Harbour48 on eBay. Genuine UK stock, full 12 months warranty, and at a pretty damned good price too!

I'm well chuffed and now can't wait for it to arrive!

:D:D:D

You won't be disappointed with this glass.

I seem to buy one really good piece every year, last year was the 70-200 2.8 VR, this year the 17-55 2.8 !

Build quality is excellent and talk about sharp images ..... !!

Thanks Lee! That's what I like to hear!

My next acquisition will be the 70-200 VR like yours. Until then I'll try to hang onto my 18-200.

Thanks Lee! That's what I like to hear!

My next acquisition will be the 70-200 VR like yours. Until then I'll try to hang onto my 18-200.

The 18-200 had super reviews when I was buying last year. It was the IF, VR and 2.8 aperture that swung it. I wasn't too happy parting with £1595 at the time, though it's paid off well now.

It works effortlessly come rain or shine :)

Not sure if you do weddings, but the 17-55 is a life saver!!

Alas, Lee, I'm only an amateur so no, I've not done weddings.

I hear so much about sharp glass and just fancied some and hey, at a smidgeon over £600, what's to loose!

Alas, Lee, I'm only an amateur so no, I've not done weddings.

I hear so much about sharp glass and just fancied some and hey, at a smidgeon over £600, what's to loose!

:bonk:

Awesome price !!! I paid 50% more than that! Needed it in a hurry :bang:

£600! Bloody hell, that's a good price. Great piece of glass which never seems to be off my camera, I think you'll love it.

Not a bad deal eh? I want it now tho! :)

Seller seemed really nice too. Helpful staff, great comms etc. Just hope it arrives safe and sound.

Well, the 17-55 arrived in my office. And where am I? Germany!

Wanna go play!

I'm gutted!

Got home from my business trip last night, unpacked the 17-55 and the lens is defective! The distance scale is loose inside the distance scale window and, whilst it rotates as the lens focusses, the distance scale falls inwards slightly at certain distances and causes the zoom action to jam as it fouls with the distance scale.

Still, I am not too worried as Harbour48 has a great feedback score and a 30 day money back guarantee so I'm sure it will get sorted, one way or the other.

I'll keep you posted on how it turns out.

But I wanted to play now!

:crying:

Thanks for your kind words and sympathies. I got a full refund from the eBay seller which is great. I bit the bullet, went into a high street store, did a bit of haggling and left with a brand new squeaky clean 17-55!

Now I'm happy!

:biggrin:

Not yet I'm afraid. My family are all camera shy, which is a real pain!

:)

Hi Mart61 - Just seen your post - So it was you I was bidding against eh! I'm sorry it turned out to be faulty - phew! I nearly ended up with that, I thought it was a bargain too good to be true. I am glad you resolved it though and your probably better off with a new one anyway. Looking forward to seeing more of your shots. I will probably end up with a new one myself.

Oh, so it was you that drove the price up then eh? :)

In truth they would have fixed it and it would, I feel sure, have been as good as new.

Back