Name
Poppy-Leigh
Edit My Images
Yes
Boxing day swim

I forgot i took them tbh, all hand held:

1:
3-1.jpg

2: Don't know if i should crop this more or not?
4-1.jpg

3:
1-1.jpg

4:
2-1.jpg

Thanks for looking xx

IMO they are snaps more than proper photography shots. 4 is the worst, the sky is completely blown and the people in the foreground are too dark. A bit of fill flash would have lightened them up a bit. #1 I quite like, its good how the main girl is central in the foreground and then it goes up the picture in diagonals (not good at technical terms:)).

One thing to add whcih alot of people ignore or dont worry about is the crop ratio. I ALWAYS maintain the aspect ratio when I crop i.e. 3x2 or square 1x1 unless its panoramic which I havn't tried yet. It just makes things so much easier when it goes to printing and ive found it a really good habbit to get into.

Hope ive helped a little bit :)

I like them. You've captured the atmosphere well.

Whenever I stay with my daughter in Exmouth over Xmas we always go to watch (note, watch not join in!!), the traditional swim on Xmas Day. It is a very similar atmosphere.

IMO, it doesn't matter if they are "snaps" or "proper photography shots" (whatever they are) - if you like them and if they bring back good memories, that's great!!

:clap:

I like them. You've captured the atmosphere well.

Whenever I stay with my daughter in Exmouth over Xmas we always go to watch (note, watch not join in!!), the traditional swim on Xmas Day. It is a very similar atmosphere.

IMO, it doesn't matter if they are "snaps" or "proper photography shots" (whatever they are) - if you like them and if they bring back good memories, that's great!!

:clap:

I know, snaps or whatever can be great but i did only think the first two have potential. I look forward to seeing more though.

They are essentially snaps. I wonder if a little play about with black and white and adding a little noise would add a bit of atmosphere to them, almost documentary style. The first image has the most potential though.

I love the guy in the Tigger outfit. LOL

#1 is my Favouite, got the fun factor..

I meant to go to that this year (to watch not swim!) but couldn't make it.. now I can see what I missed anyway.. cheers

I like #1 and #2, images with masses of people in work for me. #1 is my pick as I prefer the aspect ratio of the image.

no 1 is cool - love the air stewardess lot - looks fun, wouldn't do it myself i'm a wuss :D

the theme was "around the world" this year, don't quite know where tigger comes into it though!!

but it was a good day, there were thousands of people there, thanks for the comments guys x

Back