I like Waterfalls

Name
Damian
Edit My Images
Yes
But whats better freezing the shot or not? These are Swallow Falls in North Wales (could have done with a bit more rain before I visited)

Im like a kid with a new toy, trying a go at everything

i like no 3 most. i got one of swallow falls myself a few months back

4570168359_61a70b2313_o.jpg

I think I like #2 the most. I would say #3 but it's just not frozen enough for me, if you get me. I think had the shutter been open a second or two longer, it would have been more effective.

The water doesn't half create some wonderful paths through the rock!

Thanks for the advice, I had ago at Dyserth Falls but I do need a tripod, my efforts were hand held and breathing out slowly (A tip from another thread)

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of waterfall shots and personally I prefer long exposure milky water shots so no surprise then no3 for me and your shot in post 5 but as you've already said you need a tripod ;)

Crackin effort freehand :clap:

Thanks I did try longer exposures but this was the best I could manage. I was given a cheap Velbon tripod but my arms are more stable, so have never used it.

I realy need to save up for one but I also want a low light lens mmmmmm

Great shots. I like the one that's spread out!

I like the frozen lace effect of #1 that shows the structure of the water falling. It almost looks like ice.

As said elsewhere, I'm not a fan of the silky look, but then each to his own I guess.

You could always try resting the camera on something solid and use mirror lock and 2 sec timer if you don't have a tripod. 4stop filter and tripod is best for middle of the day shots.

Great shots, for some reason I really like the first one it just seems to work.

(y)

You could always try resting the camera on something solid and use mirror lock and 2 sec timer if you don't have a tripod. 4stop filter and tripod is best for middle of the day shots.

Mirror lock mmmm Never tried this, need to look this up, how to and effects
Thanks, even more to learn...my poor head:bonk: but still lovin it.

No time to get board here ,is there?:LOL:

P.S Lookin at Red Snapper mmmmmm

Back