I love the smell of

Gorse flowers in summer = warm coconut.
Love that smell too, like Malibu (which I hate strangely enough). The smell reminds me of Barry Buddon Army Training Camp. Happy Dayz

Also love the smell of dewy grass in the morning, reminds me of camping holidays.

When I was younger I loved the smell of Pears soap.

Dogs paws, playdoh and £50 notes

Thank god someone else does. My labbies lie on their backs with their legs in the air, on the sofa next to me of an evening. I usually end up sitting with a paw in hand sniffing away. I love the smell. Also love the smell of their ears.

A whiff of aviation fuel always cheers me up :)

Isn't it strange how a smell that is pleasnt for one person, makes the toes of another curl?

The above for me is one such smell. I can understand how people like the smell and for me its not the actual smell that is unpleasant, more so the memories that the smell fetches back.

As someone who works on aircraft, Jet fuel is horrible stuff. Reminds me of time being stuck in tanks, confined spaces, hot, uncomfortable and hard work.

Bit of a Sunday night, post couple of drinks stray off topic. Sorry about that.:thinking:

Babies roasting on an open fire :cool:

I usually end up sitting with a paw in hand sniffing away. I love the smell. Also love the smell of their ears.

I thought my ladies bike saddle was pushing it a bit, but this is just SO wrong! :puke: :LOL:

Jet A1. Or that really weird musky/musty smell that Concorde and other old aircraft smell of - Duxford's Concorde definitely has the strongest whiff.

Aaaah, christ yes.

I thought I was the only one, that smell you get when you step out onto the PAN at an airport...all that collection of Jet-A1, oil and burnt fumes. Ah I love it.

My girlfriend thinks I am VERY odd. If I wasn't a full-time snapper I would definitely take a job at an airport, I'd be like a pig in ****.

How very strange, I've seen freshly mown grass and tarmac, which are two of mine.

Seaside fish and chips and salty sea breeze.

Cheers and great thread!

too many favourite smells.

Several of which have been said already.

The smell of the brushes on electric motors is one.
The smell of a match that's just been lit/fireworks.

Last edited:
Freshly baked/baking Bread
Lavender
coconut
Fresh Highland Air (you know the type that's always wet :D)
fresh ground Coffee
Lillies

Sun tan lotion... ahh the memories.

Being at the sea / coast on a really cold windy day.

and ...... errrr .... nail polish remover..... not in like a junkie kind of way, saying that I used to love the small of poppers in my good old school days :).

Last edited:
Sun tan lotion... ahh the memories.

Being at the sea / coast on a really cold windy day.

and ...... errrr .... nail polish remover..... not in like a junkie kind of way, saying that I used to love the small of poppers in my good old school days :).

:D

IPA 170, Isopropyl Alcohol

Scampi and Lemon flavoured Nik Naks.

The hand cleanser at the entrance to hospital wards, I could get hooked on the stuff :D.

A smell you dont get anymore, old cars when they were new from the late 60s

So you've been there as well? I love her smell too.

lolrus.gif

revenge oooh thats such a sweet smell :nuts:

Dogs paws, playdoh and £50 notes

I said to No2 Son on Sunday night.... "I love the smell of......?" and without hesitation he replied "Dogs paws." :D

Incredible - although I do kinda know what you mean.

The hand cleanser at the entrance to hospital wards, I could get hooked on the stuff :D.

Matron`s sweaty undergarments have a strange appeal to them as well :naughty:

Fried onions
Hot water bottles
Hyacinths
Baby powder
Popped party poppers

Back