I must be the last one to try HDR - Tatton Park

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, Sitting at home on standby until 1900hrs, hoping the phone doesn't go, it's wet & windy out there, so I'd rather play on my computer, checking out the TPF & learning more photoshop, anyway, it's my turn now, eventually got around to playing with HDR, might have over cooked it a little, I'm quite pleased with the result.
Kevin (y)

Tatton-Park.jpg

looks good to me, not overcooked at all, in fact if you'd not used the "H" word, I wouldn't have known!

Haven not tryed HDR yet so can not say much about it.
but it look very good to me.:bonk:

Good HDR - not overcooked at all, just those greens looking a bit too neon -like for me Kevin.

I just adjusted the colour balance to 6500K..

Tatton-Parkedit.jpg

thanks for your comments, here's the original, the HDR was from a single RAW
Kevin (y)

IMG_4508.jpg

Looks good. Just a little to much green. edit is better.
I had the same problem with my greens and yellows.

Excellent first effort! well done! (y)

I love the flexability of RAW's, I dont shoot in nothing else now! (ok they are very time consuming, but look at the results!!!! :agree: (ok not the 'I agree' bit but the pointy arrow at your work!))

thanks for all the +ve coments, I'm pretty well dedicated to RAW now, so much scope, also I can see HDR having great potential.
Kevin :)

Great image, not over-cooked. Perhaps a bit of a green cast - but that's probably personal preference.

nice shot, i added a little contrast, +20 in photoshop.

looked good (y)

really like it, excleeltn use of HDR and the phot has really benefited from it, as has been said I wouldn't have instantly labelled it as HDR which is a good thing!

well you are not the last one to try HDR,

I havn't even tried yet :coat:

Thanks for that.....what software is used to HDR an image?

I have 'Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI' (only just started using it so not sure what it can do yet)

I also have Adobe Photoshop 7.0 but have never known how to use it properly.

Don't think Photoshop 7 can, no idea about Corel PSP.

I know Photoshop CS2 & 3 do HDR, also Photomatix.
See PeteMC's guide http://www.vanilladays.com/hdr-guide/
This explains all :D

Hi, When I had a go at HDR, I tried three methods,
1) cs3's automate HDR
2) photomatix
3) Fred Miranda's DRI plug-in

Found Photomatix to be fav, then cs3, then Miranda's DRI.
Haven't managed to have another play since, waiting for right time.
Had fun playing with HDR though.
Regards Kevin :)

Hi Kevin

This is the first HDR landscape image I have seen (all the others have been very detailed building interiors, or close ups of highly textured tree bark etc) - and I think it's fantastic! Somehow it seems almost 3D, there's a real sense of depth and distance.

Is Photomatix a free download (at least a trial version)?

Cathy

Good morning Cathy, thanks for your comments, yes I believe it is available as a trial download, think it was a fully working program, but puts photomatix watermark over adjusted image.
Regards Kevin:wave:

Back