I must be totally mad, but everyone else is doing it....

Yv

TPer Emerita
Name
Yvonne, pronounced Eve...
Edit My Images
Yes
OK, I hate pictures of myself, my nose is too big, my eyes too small, I look 10 years older then I am, but here ya go, frighten yourselves silly with my first self portrait. Heavily photoshopped to remove some of the wrinkles, blemishes and stray hairs, but you can't say I didn't warn you :help:

ladylens.jpg

Hi LL

Bit overly critical methinks!

However, I've thinned your nose a bit, widened your eyes and cropped it to be a bit more flattering (square-on shoulders are okay for hunky blokse but not ladies!)

As ever, if you don't like - let me know & it'll disappear in a flash

Cheers for being so brave

DD

LL_DD_pp.jpg

Great SP and you are one brave lady indeedy LL ... (y) ... self-portraits take courage ... ;)

But :agree: with Dave's comments, especially the over-self critical bit, and while the crop does work really well I am not sure he has got the colour spot on as it looks a little unnatural imhgo ... :shrug: ...

... and I think your eyes are real nice already but to make them really vibrant I think they need some of Hacker's eye-popping treatment ... :eek:

But a great starting point with your original image, well done ... ;)

:p

That time of life?! I'm 21!

Seriously through great pictures. Not sure I'll be doing self portraits as when they need a stand in for Quasimodo I always get the call!!!

Hey! well done LL :clap:

Its lovely to see you, and I know myself just how nervous you'd have got before posting, sure does take guts for women to post self portraits ... especially in our age group! ;)

I like DD's edit slightly better than your own as he's puts the light in your face that you forgot to find yourself. :)

I remember reading a quote from a top model once, if theres a camera around ... not matter what you do ... always make sure your face finds the light ;)

Well done Yvonne, a brave move but I reckon you had nothing to worry about :D

DD's treatment has enhanced a shot that was good to begin with!

Good stuff (I have one of my own that I haven't had the nerve to post yet!!!)

Well done! You're so brave! :)

You're nothing like I imagined you would be, I thought you would be a brunette for a start ;)

when you say hamster lover
is that little furry animals
or fast moving caged critturs

:LOL: That might be because last time pics of me were posted, I was a fading brunette, however, naturally I am just plain mousy brown....well...I was...its probably accented with grey these days but I wouldn't know, I never allow enough of the real colour to show for long enough to find out :D

Thanks again everyone, for the compliments, the edits and giving me the courage to post (y)

Thats the first pic Ive seen of you, so I had nothing else to go on :)

DD, are you telling me you dont ever get a mental image of people? :)

DD, are you telling me you dont ever get a mental image of people? :)

Not really - nope

Bloke thing perhaps ???

I suppose the way some people write suggests an age - but other than that - nope

I didn't even realise LadyLens was necessarily a female until seeing the pic, let alone what hair colour she may have !!!

:LOL:

DD

So the name didnt give it away then ;) Did she used to be known as BlokeLens? :LOL:

:cautious: Dave, you are worrying me now :LOL:

and yes, the hamster is a referance to little Richard - not the rocking one...well, I mean he does ROCK, but not in the tutti fruiti sense of the word :wacky: :nuts:

Still, if LadyLens is enough to confuse those simple souls we know as men, considering a name change to the oft used Yv is probably not wise is it :whistle:

Last edited:
Hey girls !!!

I once used a Username of 'Miss Feakion' - as in a bikini and secondly a dress I won a 'Beauty Contest' some years back beating 30 other men on a Corfu holiday (I'm sure you know, but blokes love dressing up as women!!!)

God I had a figure then! I even remember the measurements (how sad is that!) 39,29,38

Now it's more like 44, 50, 48 (sobs)

DD

Hey girls !!!

I once used a Username of 'Miss Feakion' - as in a bikini and secondly a dress I won a 'Beauty Contest' some years back beating 30 other men on a Corfu holiday (I'm sure you know, but blokes love dressing up as women!!!)

God I had a figure then! I even remember the measurements (how sad is that!) 39,29,38

Now it's more like 44, 50, 48 (sobs)

DD

This is the guy that calls himself 'diddy'Dave - and he thinks OUR names are deceptive :LOL:

Never mind matey, all the more to cuddle ;)

"That bed" obviously improved the quality of its output between '58 and 69' :crying:

A brave thing to attempt....:clap:

Bob

Erm...Just for clarity...Has the photograph been tampered more than once and why did a bloke feel the need to mess with it even more?

I would be gutted.

Erm...Just for clarity...Has the photograph been tampered more than once and why did a bloke feel the need to mess with it even more?

I would be gutted.

your card is already marked, so tread very carefully my friend.

Back