I need a flash

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all,

I need help finding a flash. I have a b'day coming up and about £100 what's the best deal/place to get a flash for my Nikon D40x/D70? I know its not a huge amount but we have to start somewhere.

Cheers

Andy

If you could stretch the budget a bit to about £130 then you'll get a Nikon SB-600 which will work perfectly with both cameras. You should be able to get one at that sort of price from Amazon, or Ebay or even a few of the online dealer's websites.

Cheers Flash,

The SB 400 is on Amazon for about £72 notes is the SB 600 significantly better? if so I could probably stretch to £130.

Andy

OK jobs a good 'un. Its the SB 600 for me, I'll have to work a saturday morning to get the extra.

Cheers guys

Andy

Cheers Paul but the wife won't let me buy from fleabay as she got ripped off a while back and now thinks its the Devil's marketplace. I may PM Kerso see what his prices are like.

Andy

:plus1: for the SB600 and get a lambency diffuser for it as well.

I'm not a fan of those, I prefer the omni-bounce type.

Kerso was the same price as the other ebay sellers when I bought mine from him and gave me a discount for a non-ebay transaction, so he'll probably match or beat that price from the link above :)

Cheers Flash, I think I'll PM him tonight.

Andy

might not get a reply as i have read in a nother thred that he is off buying more kit :D

Yes Dave your right, but I'm in no rush I'm sure he'll catch up soon enough.

Andy

If you only need to work one saturday for the extra bit of cash then why not work a few saturday's and get the SB800, I got mine off Kerso for £200.

I know its double your budget but its a cracking bit of kit.

IF not then get the SB600, still a great flashgun.

Hi Dal
I have to observe certain proprieties and not spend too much on camera kit as we are saving at the moment. I'm not sure what for but apparently this has been going on for some time. So I will make do with the SB 600 for the moment as it will fulfill my needs and prevent me being thrashed. LOL.

Andy

Cheers Jimjam, thats very interesting I'll have to have a look to see if the specs compare with the Nikon but its definitely a contender.

Cheers

Andy

Ok all, thanks for the helpful advice and its going to be the SB 600 ta ra.

Cheers

Andy

Back