I need a new printer

Name
Russ
Edit My Images
Yes
I've owned an Epson PX700W for nearly 2 years but it developed an attitude problem at the weekend.....

It's chewed its was through nearly £60 worth of ink and I've had to clean the wast ink tray (and reset the waste ink counter).

So as it stands at the moment, I need to replenish the ink yet again and buy a new waste ink tray which will set me back around £60, plus there are no guarantees that the head's not been damaged in the mean time :bang:

I'm pretty sure a new printer's the way to go but I'm loathed to by another Epson (as I've now found out the heads are £130 to replace).

Canon seemed the next obvious choice and after speaking to the people at Cartridge World, they reckon they work out best for ink costs.

I was eyeing up the Pixma 5250 but it looks like there are some "bugs" when it comes to borderless printing, more specifically it'll only print borderless at A4 and wont print full face on CD/DVDs and it would appear this is consistent across the Canon range.

My main critera are that a new printer needs to be multi-function, wifi enabled and print CD/DVDs.

As near to £100 as possible but would consider upping that if needs be.

I don't tend to print that much on a regular basis so a hefty duty cycle's not needed.

Cheers

Russ

Bump - I am in the same position and would love to hear from the TP folks. My ancient canon died and I need a decent home printer.

I've just bought a Canon IP4850 and it's really rather good, great colours, fast and pretty quiet, I'll be getting a CIS system for it. It's not wi-fi but it does print DVD's etc.

I have an A3+ HP printer & it will be my last one when it will die. I love the printing but I think there are good printers online are doing the job cheaper.

I haven't had a lot of luck with printers either, I kept buying them second hand, through amazon and Ebay. I have been deeply unsatisfied. I gave up cutting corners and tried matching the specs using dell's handy little printer finder: http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/category.aspx?c=uk&category_id=4014&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1 . I ended up with a Dell V515W, brilliant little machine that handles wifi wonderfully, very good resolution and only a hundred pounds. Check it out anyway, I had a very tight budget but if you can afford to be more flexible with your money then have a look round the site. I cannot recommend their reliabity enough.

Back