I need to photograph something in different light sources - What?

Name
Marc
Edit My Images
Yes
For my course i need to photograph something in 6 different light sources. Most are choosing a face or a vase type thing.

I want to photograph something interesting either transparent or solid, but i dont know what.

Need to use the following light conditions: -

daylight
artificial light from a bulb
flash light
backlighting
sidelight
low-raking light

Any ideas from anyone?

Thank you so much.

candle light
Christmas tree lights
the light from a computer monitor
moonlight

soz, completely misread the post
objects?
if you want some interesting reflections and curves. how about a spoon :)

tick-spoon1.jpg

I guess you want shape, texture and something that can make the light itself more interesting. How about a wheel/tyre. You would have the deep rich black of the tyre and the interesting texture of the tread, contrasting against the glistening/glinting of the wheel itself, and holes within the wheel through which backlight could pass and create patterns of light and shade. You have many options for shooting angles, as well as lighting positions, and a variety of perspectives you could work with.

Have a look and think of the possibilities - http://images.google.co.uk/images?h...GB:official&um=1&q=tyre&sa=N&start=21&ndsp=21

Another thing I thought of, but I don't know what they're called, and can't dig one up with a search, but it's one of those "arty" things, composed of dozens of needles/pins running through a block, where you can capture 3D impressions from a face/hand/anything. Found it - http://www.rolostore.com/images/medium/pinart.jpg

How about (smoke filled) bubbles, or balloons?

A glass sculpture.

A figurine made from nuts/bolts/springs.

A cheese grater.

A guitar.

Wind chimes.

A motor bike.

A car.

Thank you for your suggestions. I love the ideas, especially the one about the wheels on a car. Im going to have a go at that one. Also like the idea of photographing my guitar. Im sure i can get some interesting photos with that one. Then ill choose the best to submit.

Thank you for your suggestions. I love the ideas, especially the one about the wheels on a car. Im going to have a go at that one. Also like the idea of photographing my guitar. Im sure i can get some interesting photos with that one. Then ill choose the best to submit.

Good luck. I hope we will get to see your work :)

Hi,
I realise this post is very old but it looks as though you may have done/be doing the same course as me so any tips would be very helpful!

Fizz

well that would be three of us on the same course, i just started it yesterday so what do people think of that course and are there any tips? oh and by the way im Rog and really just getting in to this so its nice to meet you all :)

I dont know if I have missed the boat on this one, but I just started this course. Ive done my first batch of self assignments and now Im trying to get my first tutor assignment together. I have used a blue glass duck. it shows up well in the different lighting conditions so Im hoping Ive done right!

Just waiting for the 'low raking light' now!

Back