I never knew...

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
... Just how much my hands shake when holding my camera until I received my tamron af sp 90mm di macro lens today.

So much shake!

Obviously fast enough shutter speed can mitigate for it but when looking through the viewfinder I was amazed.

Glad I have a tripod!

I wonder if the vr version removes it all...

Last edited:
I hadn't realised how crooked I am until I bought a camera with a built-in level. I have to consciously straighten every shot before I touch the shutter release.

I'm another one who has to make a conscious effort to hold the camera level :(

I was always 0.5 degree out until I got my Fuji with the green line level in the viewfinder, but I'm still out when I use other cameras even when I try hard

... Just how much my hands shake when holding my camera until I received my tamron af sp 90mm di macro lens today.

So much shake!

Obviously fast enough shutter speed can mitigate for it but when looking through the viewfinder I was amazed.

Glad I have a tripod!

I wonder if the vr version removes it all...

Macro has a habit of magnifying any shake. For macro, use the lens on your tripod or use any available support to reduce the shakes. VR/VC/OS can help reduce it but doesn't always remove it completely. Most VR type lenses these days give an extra 3-4 stops of handholdability - for macro, this is more like one or 2 stops.

As for the water running out of seascapes, I feel your pain! Even with composition guidelines on the focussing screen I had problems (a REAL PITA on film but fairly easily corrected with the advent of digital [thank the pantheon!]) so I too embrace the built in levels that most cameras seem to have these days.

Back