I saw some some truly awful parking today

Name
Rikki
Edit My Images
Yes
Check this out, count the bays :

DSC06315.jpg

There is a woman who lives across the road to me. If there is a space outside her house she has to park her car so the drivers door is directly at the end of her footpath. This will be in total disregard for any other cars already parked nearby, meaning gaps not quite big enough for others to park. Just last week she practically parked against my son's front bumper just so she was at the end of her footpath, yet there was half a car length behind her to my car.

Thats truuuuuley awefull (in the tune of truely scrumptious)

Disgraceful !! I am not as bad as that:D

In supermarkets I always park over two bays to protect my car from careless shoppers that do not give a damn about other peoples property.

I park at the farthest distance from the entrance where there are always plenty spare bays.

I do however have to be careful that the car park management has not been outsourced:D.

I have a car that is serviced regularly, looks brand new and I want to keep it that way. Buying a new for the sake of having a new car is not for me, I take a pride in having a 9 year old car worth very little that looks like it has just come out the showroom.

I am very careful where I park in my home town and have a number of safe spots where I know no other car can damage mine, if anywhere else I will spend a little longer looking for a safe spot, if none are available I will park alongside a car that is similarly looked after.

So long as I am not depriving others in the way I park see no harm in it at all.

It is called damage limitation:).

The type of person who parks as shown in the pic is just an ignoramus. The same sort will also leave shopping trolleys in parking bays at supermarkets.
Chav mentality!

Disgraceful !! I am not as bad as that:D

In supermarkets I always park over two bays to protect my car from careless shoppers that do not give a damn about other peoples property.

I park at the farthest distance from the entrance where there are always plenty spare bays.

I do however have to be careful that the car park management has not been outsourced:D.

I have a car that is serviced regularly, looks brand new and I want to keep it that way. Buying a new for the sake of having a new car is not for me, I take a pride in having a 9 year old car worth very little that looks like it has just come out the showroom.

I am very careful where I park in my home town and have a number of safe spots where I know no other car can damage mine, if anywhere else I will spend a little longer looking for a safe spot, if none are available I will park alongside a car that is similarly looked after.

So long as I am not depriving others in the way I park see no harm in it at all.

It is called damage limitation:).

By any chance, if you are heading into town with other people, do they always offer to drive?! ;):p

Taking up three spaces is just ridiculous :shake:

There is a woman who lives across the road to me. If there is a space outside her house she has to park her car so the drivers door is directly at the end of her footpath. This will be in total disregard for any other cars already parked nearby, meaning gaps not quite big enough for others to park. Just last week she practically parked against my son's front bumper just so she was at the end of her footpath, yet there was half a car length behind her to my car.

If you lived in Barnsley i'd think you were talking about my Aunty, your comment describes her to a tee. Her other habits include; blocking drives, backing into cars and tail gating. If we go anywhere I always offer to drive.

Haha.... that's NORMAL parking here in Canada. I've never seen such dire parking (or driving) in my life.

Oh well, I've seen people fighting over an empty slot outside the entrance to the gym in Johannesburg, because they didn't want to walk 20 yds before going in to exercise. Funniest one was a couple of northern suburbs women who managed a low speed collision in their very expensive German sports saloons, in a similar situation at a mall.

Good going!
Love bad parking, never occurs to me to photograph it though! I just shake my head and stroll on ;)

So that's where I left my truck...

Back