I Spy Strangers

Name
Ben Whitehouse
Edit My Images
No
I had my first shoot on Sunday with my friends band. It was so cold and two of them were ill. We went up to a place called Aston Manor and did the shoot there.
I think even though there friends my nerves still got the best of me.
They came out a wee bit under exposed and resulted in being a bit noisey when brightening them up. I will have to put it down as a 'Live and learn' moment.

708143953_o3TRP-L-2.jpg

708313786_hRFkF-L-1.jpg

709166291_c2EHc-L-1.jpg

708310911_EBqkG-L-1.jpg

708289221_mA8x7-L-2.jpg

The first is my favourite, it looks more proffessional than the others. I agree with you that some of look a little under exposed.

Number one for me, if a little under exposed, but number 4 comes a close second.

1 and 4 for me... I would imagine they are more than happy with the results

The first is my favourite, it looks more proffessional than the others. I agree with you that some of look a little under exposed.

Thanks Kim (y)

I agree, the first one looks the best I think. Really has that band look to it.
Matt

Cheers Matt, tis my first step towards my goal of getting in to band photography (y)

Number one for me, if a little under exposed, but number 4 comes a close second.

Thanks a lot, most appreciated (y)

what kind of flash(s) did you have?
I used 2 SB-28's one in a shoot through brolly and one in a softbox (y)

709548666_yHzRS-L.jpg

1 and 4 for me... I would imagine they are more than happy with the results

Taa very much mate. They were very happy with them. I have another shoot with them in the next few weeks (y)

I used 2 SB-28's one in a shoot through brolly and one in a softbox (y)

709548666_yHzRS-L.jpg

Arh, the poolie brollie on camera leff :( How many Mary Poppins's did it end up doin in the wind?

1, 4 and 5 for me m'chupper! I think yam dewin foine fer a firs bash loike (y)

Arh, the poolie brollie on camera leff :( How many Mary Poppins's did it end up doin in the wind?

1, 4 and 5 for me m'chupper! I think yam dewin foine fer a firs bash loike (y)

Thanks bruv. I think the brollie did a Mary Poppins about 5 or 6 times. I'm going to have to try and make some sandbags or something. Will be shooting these lot again in a few weeks I think, wooo(y)

Slight halo round the heads in #3 , other than that, I do like the set, and they are all crying out for a gritty B&W treatment (except #5).

Nice work Ben! Some good ideas coming through there! I think number 1 is my fave, although I love number 4, the lighting is lavly!

No 4 for me Ben, has just the right mood for band photography.

I have one word of advice for you.... sandbags!!... or is that two words?

Slight halo round the heads in #3 , other than that, I do like the set, and they are all crying out for a gritty B&W treatment (except #5).

Thanks a lot Les. As I was editing these at 5am monday morning, I was seeing halo's on everything :D I completely forgot to double check them :LOL: Thanks for reminding me(y)

Nice work Ben! Some good ideas coming through there! I think number 1 is my fave, although I love number 4, the lighting is lavly!

Thanks a plenty Phil. Glad you like them (y)(y)

No 4 for me Ben, has just the right mood for band photography.

I have one word of advice for you.... sandbags!!... or is that two words?

Cheers Dan. :LOL: I was talking about this with my Dad yesterday. Will have to be done as I nearly lost one of my wireless triggers! Bloomin silly brollies and there mary poppins ways! Thanks again mate (y)(y)(y)

I don't like no1 at all, don't know why so many like it.

No4 is very good, the best by far.
They do look a tad dark, but I think it works well.

Last edited:
No 4 for sure! :clap:

I didn't read your post, I just looked at the pics.... then saw no 4 and thought it'd be a great album cover, then I read your posts and the light came on!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I like 4, what lens/post processing did you use for this?

1 & 4 for me, #4 just edges ahead. proper band shots. (y)
I bet the guy in the dark jumper looking the wrong way in #2 is the drummer!

No 4 for sure! :clap:

I didn't read your post, I just looked at the pics.... then saw no 4 and thought it'd be a great album cover, then I read your posts and the light came on!!! :LOL::

:LOL: Thanks mate. I must be on the right track then (y)

I like 4, what lens/post processing did you use for this?

Cheers Dman! All of the group shots where done with a 20mm and the inividual shots are done with a nifty fifty. PP wise I did some dodging and burning on hair,clothing and a bit on there faces. Also some of the skys have been darkened. (y)

1 & 4 for me, #4 just edges ahead. proper band shots. (y)
I bet the guy in the dark jumper looking the wrong way in #2 is the drummer!

:LOL::LOL::LOL: He's actually the guitarist :D Thanks a lot mate, really appreciated (y)(y)

Back