I spy with my little eye

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Popped out to get some bread this morning and came back through the lane, I clocked this fellow and managed to grab a couple before he shot off, not the best shots as he was about 90 ft away. Yes I do take my camera shopping now and then :D A quick crop and edit.Thanks for looking.
IMG_2732800x533.jpg

IMG_2734800x533.jpg

IMG_2735800x533.jpg

IMG_2736800x533.jpg

IMG_2737800x533.jpg

Yes well spotted, but have noticed an increase in their numbers, nice catch in flight (y)

Well spotted and taken Rich (y)

(bloomin big for a robin mind)

Well spotted :D You had more luck than I did today!
Thanks Phil after the Kingfisher again were you?
Yes well spotted, but have noticed an increase in their numbers, nice catch in flight (y)
Thanks Martyn, I believe their numbers have increased dramatically since myxomatosis became less of a problem a few years back. The Buzzard ( Buteo buteo ) moved up towards Scotland more but has since migrated back down south. I think i read somewhere not so long back that they are almost being classed as a pest. Not sure if that has anything to do with game keeping, but as you say there are a lot about nowadays.

Last edited:
Well spotted and nicely caught. They're beautiful birds. Numbers in the UK have (excuse the pun) soared over recent years because of the pesticide issue as above. They're the UK's most prevalent raptor now apparently.

Thanks Martyn, I believe their numbers have increased dramatically since myxomatosis became less of a problem a few years back. The Buzzard ( Buteo buteo ) moved up towards Scotland more but has since migrated back down south. I think i read somewhere not so long back that they are almost being classed as a pest. Not sure if that has anything to do with game keeping, but as you say there are a lot about nowadays.

We count close to twenty over Belvide regularly, the one evening a few weeks back there were at least 6 circling above me, fortunately I was not doing my rabbit impressions :D

We count close to twenty over Belvide regularly, the one evening a few weeks back there were at least 6 circling above me, fortunately I was not doing my rabbit impressions :D

:LOL::LOL::LOL: When you have the time to show us that Martyn (y)

Back