I survived the wedding! (lots of photos)

Edit My Images
Yes
Friends,

as some of you know, a friend ask me to take photos of his wedding. I have never done that before this past weekend. And wow, it was an experience.

I try to get a decent flash, but here in Mexico I couldn't find anyplace that rent some and buying one was out of my posibilities right now.

I have a Canon Flash 420EZ, that Z is the problem hehe, needs to be X, to be compatible with the e-ttl of my 20D. The only way to use it is in full Manual mode, both the flash, and the camera.

So I have to ways to go... with the built-in flash of the 20D. Or full MANUAL MODE with a decent flash.

:thinking:

Well, actually, I take the risk of Manual Mode and I think I survived (as well as some of the photos).

The photos I'm posting here, are direct from the camera, just resized for fast upload and get comments. I plan to make some photoshop to use some USM and some Levels, etc. But, I want to know your opinion on the original files.

oooh! Another thing to tell... I'm a Catholic, but this friend of mine is a Christian, I though the weddings may be where the same or close... but it was a all different, a bad thing was I didn't know what, when, or why the things happen there, so I couldn't be in good position when things happen. It was like going blindfolded to the wedding. In a normal catholic wedding I know when the bride walks in, then what happen during the wedding, they walk out together, songs, rice, etc. But here it was all new for me, that doesn't help. :shrug: Here the couple was sitting with the people, not in front of them, they walk in together, they doesn't walk out because they stay at church reciving gifts, the ceremony was 3 hours long!! In a very very huge place with looooots of people, dancers, kids, etc. It was a good experience indeed.

69107574-M.jpg

69112383-M.jpg

69112456-M.jpg

4 (this one will need some crop, hope the sleeping guy doesn't fall)
69113096-M.jpg

5 (some crop as well)
69113153-M.jpg

some more... (hope is permited)

69114742-M.jpg

69114350-M.jpg

69114806-M.jpg

9 (lots, lots of people, it was a huge place!)
69112043-M.jpg

69114239-M.jpg

Sorry, they are lots of pictures, but I want to share it.

Please, how bad I am? hehe

From motorsports to another religion wedding. With out the correct equipment.

I think with some good raw material straight off the camera and some creative cropping and post processing you'll have some lovely shots there!

I'd be well pleased if I'd taken them, especially with manual flash. Well done. By the way - I counted 20 bridesmaids????

regards

Wow! That was a HUGE wedding!!! I think you've done well with the equipment you had! I like photo #2 :)

That is one big wedding!

at the back in #9 - is that a TV cameraman?

Nice set of photos.

Some really lovely shots there Ppuga ! A couple of them are really intimate and personal. Wonder if the sleeper will be recognised ???

I am sure the couple will be thrilled with your results once sorted for them.

A commendable first attempt at a wedding for you. Well done !

Well done, look pretty good for your first attempt - and talk about pressure, what did they use for the reception, a football stadium? ;)

Love #2 really captures what it should be about, enjoyment and happiness for the couple to be(y)

Ctikey thats a lot of people!!! Well done though as it looks like you have the makings of some very good shots there

2,6,7,8,10 are the ones I think they'll like best, very well done m8 you should be proud of your efforts there :)

wow!

thanks friends!!!

Now I have lots of post processing work to do, I really apreciate all your comments.

-Stepheno, the "braidsmaids", actually I don't know if there where braidsmaids, they enter this place dancing and singing hehe it was nice. They where the white ones they where other dressed in yellow and they where kids. All girls.

-RobertP, yes, that was TV camera, I think that place is equiped with that and no need to ask a video to go there. I really dont know, but they where 3-4 cameras.

-Venomator, hehe, I didn't knew the sleeper, but, I guess is family of them.

-Warspite, There was no reception, why? I really don't know but I'm sure they will enjoy more spending their money in a Honey Moon than in a party in a stadium that will fit all the people. I think it's about the religion that was no reception. Was new for me.

-All, THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS!!! I will be posting some photos of final postprocessed material, I have 350 photos to choose from.

great job, must have been hard work.

good luck on the editing, 350!! you're gonna need some serious coffee to help you through all them!

ppuga said:
There was no reception, why? I really don't know but I'm sure they will enjoy more spending their money in a Honey Moon

Hope they didn't skimp on the photographer, great shots Pablo (y)

Back