1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. It is with deepest regret that we announce the passing of one of our long-standing members, Gary Coyle.
    Many visitors will recognise both his work as a sports photographer, and his name as a prominent community member. He registered with Talk Photography back in 2006, not long after the start of the site and has been a regular contributor since.

It goes without saying that Gary will be sorely missed by many members, and his passing is a huge loss to the photography community.

Our thoughts are with his family at this time.

Funeral details :
    Dewsbury Crematorium
    Tuesday 13th September 2016 at 2pm.
    Afterwards at Batley IDLC (Batley Nash).
    All welcome.

There is also a discussion thread here if anyone wishes to add their own thoughts.

The Mod Team

Dismiss Notice
  1. mjb123

mjb123

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Well I posted a thread not so long ago about how you can't get bargains on eBay!
    I've just won a manfrotto 685b with manfrotto head and quick release for the grand total of £80!! I think that's a good deal!!
    Ssssshhhhh don't tell the wife!!!

2. wilson1973

wilson1973

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Hi, I'm thinking of getting the 685b, don't suppose you can sum up your experiences with it, good or bad ?

3. SiWatts90

SiWatts90

Name:
    Simon
    Edit My Images:
    Yes
    good deal! I got one for a similar price a few months back but waited until 2am and the bids started going crazy! I think a lot of people use them auto bidding programs.

4. wilson1973

wilson1973

Edit My Images:
    Yes
    Was more looking for your thoughts on the monopod than the auction... Lol. Cheapest I can find is just over 100. Will bite the bullet at that price.

Any issues on walkabout ? Rain caused any rust or issues with the mechanism ? All extends / retracts ok ?